Thursday, November 3, 2011

Letter 1: A Letter To My Big Sis



Dear S,

It is that time of year again, and I have decided to participate in another year of taking the time to write one person a week, during the month of November, who I am thankful for. I feel like you are the perfect person to start this year out with.
Since June I feel like my life has been a little crazy. From finding out I was pregnant, to then quickly losing my pregnancy, to deciding that Dustin and I needed to separate and eventually divorce, I feel like I have had been on one hell of an emotional ride. With you, you have been one of the few people I have found myself really leaning on and telling so much to. For that I am so grateful to have you. You help keep me positive and help me believe that the direction I am moving towards is a direction I can handle and enjoy.

Being my older sister we have definitely had our fair share of bumping heads and not agreeing with each other. But I am so glad that I have had you as my sister. When we get together with the Murray Gang, I frequently think about the times you and I would spend with that same group 14 years ago, and I love that you and I have those memories of doing it together. I am so glad we have a group of friends that are common so we get to spend time together outside of our regular family gatherings.

You have also saved me when it comes to Carter. I know there are days that he is a handful and challenges your every nerve. But, I am ALWAYS so grateful to know my little boy is safe and in hands that I trust. I know you would never let anything happen to my baby and that you provide him with structure, love, friends, and security. Thank you so much for being so willing to take him in during the days that Dustin and I are working and for being such a large part in my child’s life.
There’s so much more I am grateful for when it comes to you. You know when to just let me walk away and you know when to keep pushing me until I finally tell you what is on my mind. There are days that I may want to hurt ya for that, but I always think in the long run, I am glad we talked.

Thank you again for all you do. I am so glad I have you as not only my sister but as my friend. I really think the past year or so would have been so much more difficult if I didn’t have the love and support from you on a regular basis. I know I make decisions that not everyone agrees with, but I also know I can always talk to you about it, and even if you don’t agree, you will listen.

I love you S!!!

Your Sis,
Lindsey

3 comments:

  1. lindsey! sorry for your rough year! so glad you have a sweet sister.
    praying for you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad stacy has been there for you, she is a great sister! I wish that you wouldn't have had to go through all that you have. I know we have to do things like this and in time it will make you stronger. I love you and hope you are doing a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand a rough year and I am so so sorry.
    Praise the Lord for your sister.
    The Lord blessed you with her.
    Thank you so much for sharing....

    ReplyDelete