Saturday, September 19, 2009

THANK YOU GOD!

So, this morning was just another typical morning, for about the first 5 minutes. I had gone to the Boys II Men concert last night, and didn't get home from the fair until about 1:00 am. By the time I got home and in bed it was 1:30, so when Carter woke up this morning I didn't even hear him. Dustin got up to be with him and let me sleep.

Well, Dustin was in the kitchen and I was in my bed, sleeping. When I woke to the worst noise EVER!

Dustin and I have a wall mounted tv in our bedroom that is above our bed. It is strapped on and mounted to the wall, so we thought we were fine. WRONG!

Carter some how pulled a ten year old, 30 lb tv, off the mount that then came crashing to the ground. My first psychological 5 minutes Carter didn't make a noise, and all I could think was my baby was smushed under this huge ass television. The fear of God went through my entire body.

In reality, it was probably 1-2 seconds before he started crying. I was out of bed and grabbing him so fast. Somehow, by the Grace of God, Carter was untouched. He had the living bi-jesus scared out of him and was cryign for 10 minutes, but he was fine.

As for Dustin and me, I am pretty sure in that 5 second time frame every worst possible scenario played through our heads of what happened to our son!

Today, I did a lot of activities with Carter. And every time I stopped to think about my morning, I thank'd God that I was at breakfast with friends, shopping with the sister, at Thanksgiving Point with family, over at Nathans with friends, and not dealing with a disaster that would have destroyed Dustin and me.

So, here's a HUGE shout out to my families guardian angels for protecting Carter today, and letting him not have a single injury, when it truly, very easily, could have been deadly!

2 comments:

  1. That is definitely the worst feeling ever...thinking that there is something horribly wrong with your baby. Sometimes I still check on Audrey before I go to bed, just to make sure she's still breathing. Your family sure has some angels looking out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linds, I am so happy that Carter is okay! I can only imagine the feelings, thoughts, and emotions that flowed through your body during that moment! As a parent I think we all have moments like that and I truly think we age about 5 years every single time that happens. You probably had a gray hair poke out as well! LOL! I am so glad that everything turned out okay! Love you so much! Oh, and give Carter a love for me!

    ReplyDelete