Saturday, April 3, 2010

California Sun

After a series of events, I decided it was time to get away. Luckily, I have some amazing sisters who understood, and wanted to get involved. About two weeks ago, I through out to my older sister to go to California. Not knowing she had even considered it, she called me a few days later and said we were going!

On March 26, the day we were robbed, Stacy and I packed ourselves and three children, under the age of three, and headed to Southern California to see our little sister, "Fat!" (I call her Fat because she is so far from it...and she calls me "Pit." Reversed psychology!)

The drive was long. I dealt with the robbery during that time, we had to make more stops because of the kids, and due to having to work in the morning, we got off late, which made it a late night. We pulled into Joc and Chris's house about 10:30 Friday night. BLAH!

Saturday was very enjoyable. Chris and Joc had put together an Easter egg hunt for the boys, and they were spoiled. They got enough candy to last the entire trip, plus some, bubbles, whistles, and more. The boys loved it! It took Carter a minute to catch on to putting the egg in the basket but once he did, it happened much faster!

After the hunt, we piled into Stacy's car and went to the park. There we played with kites, swings, slides, and dinosaurs. The weather was a little cool, but not to shabby. At that point anything was better than Salt Lake City!

That night we had a campfire in the backyard. Jocelyn had pledged to participate in "Earth Hour," so we turned all electronics off and went outside. We enjoyed s'mores, stories, and a campfire. By the time the hour had passed, we were all exhausted and headed for bed.




Sunday we went to Santa Monica. I LOVE Santa Monica. The drive is peaceful, the company was good, and I LOVE SANTA MONICA!!! Once we got to the ocean, I could literally feel myself start to relax and find my zen. I so needed to spend a day at the beach with the water and the sand. For some reason it makes me feel more grounded.

Carter loved the beach. He loved the sand, the water, the rocks, the birds, the people, he loved it all! I shouldn't be surprised at all, both Mom and Dad find great serenity when we are at the beach, it is only natural for our child to be the same way. Colin and Carter played in the sand. Stac and I tried to get them to build a sandcastle but they would knock it over every time.




After a long afternoon, soaking up the sun, it was time to go home. I truly could have spent another week there and not be ready to come back! Sunday evening we just made dinner and called it a night pretty quick. Again, another day in the sun and three kids, we were wiped out!

Monday was a day for the sisters and kids, poor Chris had to work. We went to In N' Out Burger, which is one of my favorite places, then took the kids to another park. We ate lunch in 80 degree weather and soaked up every ounce of it. We then set the boys free in the park to do as they pleased. We were hoping they would use lots of energy knowing we would be driving the entire next day.

Once we got back, we watched, "New Moon," and then made dinner, packed, cleaned, showered, and got ready for an early morning.

Tuesday morning Stacy and I were up by 5 and left Jocelyn's at 6:12 Utah time. The kids slept for the first two hours, HEAVEN, and then were able to stay very mellow. So...we didn't stop until Mesquite, which is exact half way point from J's house. We were there by 11:00 am! AWESOME!

We fed, pottied, and ran with the three kids, piled them back up in the car, and continued North. We just kept driving, we were all anxious to be home, and the kids were doing fairly well! Second stop, Fillmore. Stacy and I decided this would be our final stop, and jokingly said this was going to be a 20 minute stop...MAX. Turns out we pottied all three kids in 12 minutes, was back on the road within 15. AMAZING!


We were back to this great city of Salt by 4:30. We drove into a wind storm and it snowed the next day...Made California seem like the perfect place to reside.

I am so grateful we did this trip. It was so needed and enjoyed! A BIG shout out to my sisters for being there with me, when Lord knows I needed them! I LOVE YOU GUYS!

3 comments:

  1. You are welcome, and just for your info we stopped in Scipio and not Fillmore. Loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Looks like you guys had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you guys had such a great time! God knows you deserved every relaxing second of it!

    ReplyDelete