Friday, May 20, 2011

A Long 10 Days

Today our Litte Man is FINALLY back home. Carter has been with Granny and Papa for the last 10 days and though the first day or two was nice and lazy, I missed him more than words can say.

My brother in law graduated from Creighton University this past week, so my sister and her family have been on a vacation. Well, since my sister is my babysitter, we didn't have much choice but to send Carter to go spend some good time with Granny and Papa. His cousin Maddi was there with him the whole time, and they loved the attention and were definitely spoiled.

Dustin went up to Logan last weekend and spent a couple days with him so the break wouldn't be so long. Unfortunately, I didn't get to go due to me having to work. So, for the first time, I was home alone for three days...and I survived.

I was able to enjoy dinner with a friend, many chick-flicks, and I even took a midnight drive that led me to up above the Capital until 2:00 am. I must admit the drive was exactly what I needed. The weather was nice, the music was amazing, and the drive relaxed me. However, come Monday night I could not WAIT for Dustin to get home.

Tonight my Little Man is finally back home for the long haul. He came home Wednesday and then Dustin took him back to his mom yesterday. At dinner Wednesday night, Dustin spilled his drink. He had asked Carter to go upstairs and get a towel. When Carter came back down, Dustin began cleaning up. Carter then hopped down off his chair, walked over, spanked Dustin's bum, said, "Your bad!" Then preceded by singing the clean up song. Dustin and I laughed and laughed. I swear my Little Man grew so much over the time he was gone.

I am so grateful that we have such amazing family who are willing to help us in care for our baby. Carter loved being with Maddi, but now I think he cannot wait to see Baby and Coli Kai, who will be home on Sunday. He has been asking for them, and is excited to see them next week.

It is so good to have our baby home. Life just isn't anywhere near enough when he is not around. I have such a beautiful son and I am so in love with everything about him. Tonight he and I are home alone, until Dustin is off, and I am treasuring the moment. We are watching Spiderman, eating pizza, and dipping breadsticks.



Life just doesn't get much better than this.

1 comment:

  1. Glad he is back The kids have a present for Carter Man. We love you, see you soon.

    ReplyDelete