Saturday, May 21, 2011

Well We Survived Another "Final Day"

Today, was said to be, the "Last Day On Earth."


Yet I sit here at 10:30 at night with my boys and all is right. I debated on doing a "Last Supper Party" last night, just for fun, but after a few phone calls and where things currently stand with friends, it didn't happen.

Today for our "last day," we were all kinds of crazy. I did eight loads of laundry, hung pictures, cleaned a closet, did two loads of dishes, Dustin mowed and trimmed the lawn, and Carter played outside with bubbles. It was such a great day. I know it sounds like it was not, but I actually really enjoyed it.

The weather was finally beautiful, so I opened up the house to get some fresh air. I had my music going all day long, and I had a really good day. This is a different thing for me, because I am nowhere NEAR being a Becky Home Ecky. But to spend the day getting things done around the house and organizing was perfect.

Tonight we had an opportunity to go the Mastricola's or the Holt's yet once we got dressed and ready, we still didn't know which way to go. So...we got in the car, went and got drinks, pizza...and came home. It has been really nice to just have a weekend as a family catching up on some much needed "Team Adams Family" time.




Tomorrow my mom and sister come home and I am pretty excited. It seems like it has been forever since I have seen my family and Carter cannot WAIT to see Coli Kai and Baby sister. He has asked for them one million times today. I am ever so grateful to have another day here with my family and am so relieved I spent the day working on my to do list and not waiting for the end of the world. LOL If I would have done that, tomorrow would have been a REAL long day! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment