Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Its Been Awhile!

Wow, I can't believe my last post was about Easter! So much has happened and I don't even know where to begin. Let's see...

Carter is crawling everywhere and learning to love to be mobile! He has recently figured out that crawling can get you into different rooms of the house, and he is really getting around now. He has also started testing the waters to stand by himself. He can do it for a few seconds, and then freaks himself out. It is way to much fun to watch.

He has also started kicking around some words, which thrills me. He has said, "oh-oh," "wow," "daddy," "papa," and "kitty." Now, I am not going to say it is fluent but every now and then when he gets it, it is a BIG deal!

My Mother's Day was so nice. It was really wierd to be a mother this year, but it was also fantastic. I was able to get a pedicure and my nails put back on, and also received a tanning pass! AHHH HEAVEN in my world. Thanks Fuzz! We then spent the day with all of our mother's and spending some quality time together!

I am anxiously counting down the days for school to be out. It is 12 school days in case you are wondering! HOORAY! I couldn't be more excited for summer vacation! I am going to work ESY, but that is only 12 days for four hours. Plus it pays for the cruise and gives me some extra spending money! That is awesome!

Dustin and I are going on a cruise in November to Mexico and we are very excited. We have not been on a vacation for two years now, and it is definitely time. We usually do a week vacation in June, but last year with saving for our adoption there was no vacation. So, when our group of closest friends decided Mexico in November we had to get on and go. We are truly looking forward to a week or beach, margaritas, and friends.

This weekend we are going to Boise for a few days to be with a girlfriend who just got a house. We are taking Carter and just going to spend sometime barbecuing and hanging out at the parks down there. We are looking forward to a mini-vacation because we haven't even left the state in close to two years. Can you tell I am getting antsy and NEED A BREAK!

Jocelyn's wedding is just around the corner and I believe is going to be beautiful. We have gotten our dresses for the line, and I think it is going to be really cute. More than anything I am looking forward to my little sister having sometime with her husband before he goes to Afghanistan.

My next blog will be about what it is like to send a loved one to war and the hell a family goes through! Til then, hope everyone is well and take care!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! how old is Carter?! You totally have to post pictures! you lucky thing to get all summer off!

    ReplyDelete