Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Passing Of A Legend

I am sitting here watching the memorial service of Michael Jackson, and it is crazy to me to believe he is gone. Rather you liked Michael Jackson as a person, people respect him for his entertainment ability!

As I watch the service, and see the people who speak about him so highly, I question if he truly did do the things he was accussed of. Now, I am not being naive, and have never really even thought twice about the accusations until the past week. But in hearing people speak about MJ and seeing in interviews how child like he was off stage, I wonder if with the abuse and the ability of not having a normal childhood to any extent, if he truly just never grew up.

I think the memorial service has been beautiful and the incredible tributes and words given about him, were of the up-most respect. To hear the compassion he had for people of all kinds, brings chills to my mind.

I grew up on Michael Jackson music, as I am sure most of us did. I will never forget how many times hearing just a song of his has brought back memories of my life and made me smile. It is crazy for me to realize that the biggest music legend of my time has passed. He will not be forgotten any time soon and his music will continue to be played in my car, on my ipod, and in my home.

God Bless Michael Jackson and what he gave to our world! If nothing else, he paved the road for music, entertainment, and a path for people who are African American to live the AMERICAN DREAM! And for that, rest in peace, M.J.!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you. As I watched parts of the memorial service my heart ached for his family & children, and I wondered how anyone could belive he did anything he was accused of. He was absolutely one of THE GREATEST entertainers we have known. Through his music he was able to excite us, chill us and touch our hearts. Although he was odd I still [heart] his music!

    ReplyDelete