Thursday, July 23, 2009

Situation Number 1

Well, here is my second post to my week as we are nearing Peanut's birthday.

A year ago today, I was getting ready to go to lunch with some of my dearest friends from work. I was in the shower when my phone rang, so once I was out I saw I had missed a call from my agency. I had a voicemail, so I listened to it and it went something like this...

"Hi Dustin and Lindsey, this is Jane from Heart and Soul. Listen...we have a situation. We have a six week old African American boy who is flying in tomorrow with his birthmother. She has picked the two of you to be the adoptive family, and we are wondering if you are interested. Please call us as soon as you can."

OMG!!! I couldn't believe it had all happened so fast. Our file had been opened for two days and we were being placed. Dustin and I got so excited, we called Jane back immediately, and said, "Of course we are interested and 100% willing to take this little man."

They told us the birth mom would be flying in either late that night or first thing the next morning. We would be signing placement papers fairly soon after, and we would be bringing home our son tomorrow.

Well, in order to make the day go faster, I continued to lunch with my girlfriends. I told them all of the exciting news, ate lunch, and then anxiously got back home to Dustin. We went and bought one outfit, got the car seat in, and spent the rest of the night anxiously awaiting a phone call.

We didn't get a call that evening, so we went to bed. Tomorrow is the day we bring home our little man! Needless to say we had a tough time sleeping when we thought our little boy was traveling home! It was a VERY exciting day.

Tomorrow we learn about the next step in our adoption process!

1 comment: