Tuesday, July 21, 2009

And Our Story Opened...

I have seen several friends do this and I have decided I really wanted to do it as well. Our Little Man turns one on Sunday, and I want to do a little log of the events leading up to the best day of our life.

A year ago today Dustin and I were in Logan, while Dustin was recovering from surgery. We had been anxiously awaiting to hear back from the adoption agency to find out if we we were accepted and when our file would open.

I remember calling first thing in the morning because we had been so incredibly anxious to find out. I called about 11, and Jane answered her phone. I asked her where our file stood, and she said, "Congratulations! We just had our meeting and your file is officially open. We will start showing your profiles to birthmother's immediately."

They then went on to tell us to keep our phones near all times from this point forward because when the situation came in, the baby might already be here. So, I hung up with Jane and Dustin and I celebrated with his family. We were so excited to finally be in a situation where we were going to be expanding our family.

A year ago today was a very promising day for our family! Stay tuned through out the week....

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea--thanks for sharing! It is amazing to look back a year and think of how much life has changed and how quickly! Love love love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally remember all of this as well! I loved being your one person and I remember feeling so anxious and excited for you guys. I can't wait to see the next posts, it was such an amazing story and so meant to be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1???! Wow. I can't wait for the rest of the week's posts!

    ReplyDelete