Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day Weekend

Dustin and I continued to have another nice weekend. Friday evening we had dinner at my mom's house because Gar, Mom, and S took the kids on tracks and front runner, since it was free on Friday. We then went to our niece and nephews birthday party at Kristie's. Zak turned five and Andie turned nine.

Once we were done there we headed to Nathan's house for margarita night with some friends. Since we don't believe in drinking and driving, and we both wanted to enjoy the night, we ended up camping out at Nathan's house. We had drinks then all went to breakfast together Saturday morning. It was so fun to have a night with them, it has been far to long!

After breakfast, Dustin and I went to the grocery store, home, and just relaxed for awhile. Come about 4:30 we started packing up and headed to Logan. Once we got to Logan we just hung out; it was great. We had dinner and watched Pretty Woman, then got Peanut ready for bed. Once Carter was in bed, Dustin and I went out to the hot-tub, that was actually hot, and enjoyed the heat and bubbles. We were able to unwind and spend some time together.

Sunday morning Dustin made breakfast for me and we watched a movie. We then got ready to meet my grandfather, dad, and Kel for lunch. They had called that morning and asked if we wanted to do breakfast, but when they found out we were north and we were going to be passing Papa Lynn's and that is where they were headed, we decided to meet there.

We enjoyed lunch with Papa Lynn, Dad and Kel, and talked for a few hours. It was so nice to spend some quality time with my grandfather. He is turning 87 years old tomorrow, and at this stage in my life I value every spare minute I get with him.

After we left, we went to Nathan's for dinner. We wanted to make sure he wasn't alone on Valentine's Day. Dustin made a nice mahi-mahi, London broil steak, cauliflower and asparagus dinner, with Dutch Apple pie ala mode for dessert. We then watched a movie, and Peanut and I fell asleep.

Today I have just hung out at home for the most part. Carter has a cold and I am feeling a little worn out as well, so we are just relaxing. It has truly been a very nice three day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment