Monday, February 22, 2010

The Closing of a Legend!

Tonight I took a very large step in growing up; tonight I closed my Lane Bryant credit card. Now, most of you know me, and know I shop there, but I don't know how many know how often I really shopped there.

I love Lane Bryant, they always made a chubby girl feel better. If I was excited, I went shopping. If I was sad, I went shopping. Funeral, wedding, date, holiday party, night on the town, bored, feeling down, any of those...I went shopping! However, I am poor. So, I always went shopping with my credit card.

I got my credit card when I was in my early 20's and we've been through a lot together. I have bought thousands and thousands of dollars worth of clothes on that card. I have learned to shop the system, and can buy a ton of clothes, for a good deal and then charge it! My credit card, in all of our years together, NEVER denied me!

That is where the problem took place. It NEVER denied me. So, whenever I needed something I would charge it. Whenever I wanted something, I would charge it. I can't even tell you how many times I would go shopping, get a good amount, thinking my card would deny me, and BAM! approved. It truly was a girls best friend.

With our tax returns Dustin and I have decided to try to secure some finances and pay things off. Unfortunately, Lane Bryant was on the list. It was also determined, I would close it, because Lord knows, the minute I "needed" a new clothing item, right back on the card it would go! Tonight, I paid the card in full, and closed it.

I know this is so silly but I am so sad. I LOVED my credit card and it was mine to go be careless with. Now, I never dropped hundreds at once, but $150 here, $75 there, and before you know it, you have a huge credit card bill. So...here is to responsibility and growing up. Lane Bryant credit card....thanks for all the good times, and bad! I will always think of you when I desperately want to go shopping, and won't have you to take along with me!

2 comments:

  1. Growing up is hard to do, but I am sure proud of you. I remember I felt similar to that when I closed my Victoria's Secret card. Target here we come right?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!!! That's one of the hardest things EVER! (being all grown up and responsible, that is)

    ReplyDelete