Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Letter #2: To: Aunt Tammy


Dear Aunt Tammy,

It is November and I have accepted a challenge out in the technology world. The challenge; to write one letter a week to someone you are thankful for. I write it on Wednesday and then “Link” up with others on Thursday and share. This week, I want to write you.

I have always been so grateful for the relationship you and I share. We are so much alike and I have always felt like you were someone I could talk to. However, over the past few years, as I have gotten older, I have recognized so much more of who you are!

I never realized how much you carried on your plate, balancing it all. Now that I can see that much more, I am in awe of you even more so. You have raised two amazing men, kept a marriage for 30+ years, and been an incredible educator on so many levels. I have also seen you care for your dad, take on the role of support for so many friends and family members it is incredible. You are there for so many people. If someone calls you answer and give them the love, support, advice, comfort,, hope, reality, or truth they are seeking. You are a rock for so many, including me!

To have you as my aunt is truly such a privilege. You are someone whose opinion I so greatly respect and rely on. I have called upon you and your thoughts through so many different times in my life, and after we finish our conversation I always walk away feeling so much better. Even if it may not be exactly what I want to hear, I always think about what you have said. For that I am so grateful.

You have supported me and my family in so many things. I love the relationship I have with you and know it is one I can trust and rely on. I will always treasure our bond, and for that I thank you!

Thank you for loving me just exactly as I am. Thank you for supporting me in my schooling. Thank you for being someone who is always so excited for the milestones happening in my life. Thank you for loving El Trucko! Thank you for believing in us and helping me work through things when I didn't know quite which direction to go. Thank you for so many more things that you have done for me over the past 28 years. Most of all thank you for loving “Our Baby” as much as you do! I love that you you love him like we do!

I love you so much! Thank you again for everything! Thank you for being my fabulous Aunt!

Love Always and Forever,

LD

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love how you wrote this. I have an aunt that I share a special bond with as well. I only get to see her every few years, but growing up I spend several weeks at her house.

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful when others love our children as we do! thanks for sharing your supportive and precious aunt! xo

    ReplyDelete