Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful Letter #3: To Nathan


Dear Nathan,
I am participating in a challenge to write a letter a week to someone who I am thankful for. Today, I wanted to write you. I have been waiting to write this because I wanted it to be meaningful and I had to think hard about what I wanted to put down in words. I am going to attempt it.
You and I have been friends for over 20 years now, and there is not a major memory in my life that does not have you in it. From 4th grade til now, you have always been someone I count on and someone who will guide me. For that, I am so thankful.
I look at the curves life has thrown the two of us and how much we have been through together, and I can’t even begin to express the gratuity and love I have for you. When something goes on in my life, good or bad, you are one of the first I want to call. You provide me comfort, support, strength, laughs, and a good margarita if I need it.
I know right now we aren’t talking as much, but that is just because life is so busy for the two of us. I know there is so much going on and we feel like we are drifting. The one thing I have learned about you and me, is the drift goes away and we come right back together, closer than before. So, please don’t worry.
I am so excited for you and what life has in store. Over this past year, it seems like a lot of things have ironed themselves out for you. I couldn’t be more thrilled. You have had so many trials and you continue to fight and work towards your ultimate dreams. Now they are just right around the corner, and I am so happy for you!
I love the relationship you share with Carter. He loves his Uncle Nathan! I am so grateful that you have taken the time and made sure to be such an active part of his life. He so loves when he spends time with you and gets to interact with you! I love to just sit back and watch the two of you share your bond and play!
I hope you know just how much you mean to me. You are someone who I truly can’t imagine my life without. Thank you for being my best friend. Thank you for helping me get through my parents divorce. Thank you for continuing to be my friend when I moved to Woods Cross. Thank you for taking me to prom! Thank you for being there in college. Thank you for having the house to hang out in. Thank you for being so strong and willing to fight for all you want. Thank you for being there for my family, like they are your own. Most of all, thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for being my support through so many events and helping me work through them. Thanks for being my best friend no matter what!
I love you Nathan Paul!

Love Always and Forever,
Lindsey

6 comments:

  1. love this. just made me all misty eyed....visiting from No.17 CherryTree Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Praise god for great friends! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post Linds! It made me cry a little. Mainly because I know how much Nathan means to you and how hard it is to write a letter to someone you care so deeply for. I never feel I can truly put my feelings in to words. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a friend who loves and takes time for you children is the BEST kind of friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this! You're lucky to have such a wonderful person in your life.

    ReplyDelete