Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

Thanksgiving was very nice this year. Dustin and I went up to Logan Wednesday night. We hung out with Mandy and Luke and then I crashed fairly early.

Thursday morning, I couldn't get up and going fast enough. I was on an adventure! I had to go buy the Salt Lake Tribune for all of the Black Friday ads. I thought it would be a simple adventure, so I threw on a coat and out the door I went...jammies and all. I went acrossed the street for coffee and the paper. Coffee...check. Paper...Check! But wait...where are all the ads? Looked at the date, Wednesdays paper! NO GOOD!

Back in the sub I went to the Flying J...just a little further down the road. Ran in...NO S.L. TRIB or DESERET NEWS there either! Back in the burb...Wal-Mart...NOTHING! How is this possible! I HAD TO HAVE THE ADS! So, I called my sis-in-law, who fortunately was in Willard and asked her to check Brigham. I did some last minute turkey day shopping, then ran to one more gas station! STILL NO PAPER! Fortunately Aimee found one in Brigham.

Needless to say, my quick venture out in jammies and no hair being done, took two hours! Only to come back with no success, coffee all gone, and did I mention it was -8 degrees outside! I was not happy!

Aimee showed up and I started through the ads. I also called Kristie and asked her to bring one more. We all just veged throughout the day and spent time together. We cooked, told stories, and went through the ads...a million times.

Dinner was fabulous and muchly enjoyed. However, it seems like a whole lot of work for a 30 minute feast, followed by a couple hour clean up. We then headed back to Salt Lake.

Kristie and I headed over to Toys R Us about 9 and the line was crazy! It wrapped all the way the back and went on...it was a full block. Kristie and I waited in line and finally at 10:45, when we hadn't even made it inside yet, and someone stated there was a fellow shopper who had had a seizure and they weren't letting anyone in, we called it quits and headed to Wal Mart.

Stacy and mom met us there and we ROCKED it! We got jammies, playdough, Buzz, Shop vac, steam mops, crock pots, movies, and a bissell! It was so fun! I LOVE THE RUSH OF A GOOD DEAL!

Once we were done there, Kristie and I loaded back up and headed for the Toys R' Us in West Valley. The lines had died down a little, since it was now 1:30 am, but they didn't have what we were looking for. So, we ran home, heated up our hot chocolate, printed off a coupon and headed for Sears.

We got to Sears about 2:45 am and I started standing in line for a washer and dryer. About 15 minutes into it, someone behind us stated there was a sign that said if you wanted the dryer to go to the back. So Kristie ran to the back, to find it was true and the first 4 people in line were there for the washer and dryer. Each store only had 4. The workers opened the door a little after 3:00, past out the 4 tickets and sent the rest of us on our way.

I called Mom and Garry and asked them to head for the base. They base had a washer and dryer as well for close to the same price. They said they would keep me posted.

Kristie and I went home feeling a little defeated and a lot tired. At 4:00 am we headed home. About 4:05 my mom called and THEY GOT THE WASHER AND DRYER for us! HOORAY!

I finally called it good about 5:00 am. I could have kept going if the funds could have too! Oh, how I love Black Friday! It truly is becoming a part of my Thanksgiving celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment