Saturday, June 4, 2011

Taking On The Front Room

For those of you who know me and those of you who have been to my house you know, I HATED my front room.

Why do you ask? Let me show you!



IT. WAS. ORANGE!!!

Last Saturday, over Memorial Day weekend, I was home. My friends were out of town. Dustin was at work. Carter was hanging out with me, but tired. I was alone. I decided this was the prime time for a PROJECT!!!

Carter and I went to home depot, I bought all the paint supplies I needed, and then headed home. Carter went down for a nap and I started clearing out the room. I took down what I had put up, emptied out the furniture, and got going.

First step...Prime the room. Never had done this before, but ummm...okay!



DONE!

While that was drying I decided I would start on the bay window. I had matched the two colors I wanted to paint with a pillow I had purchased from a student at school. She had made it and it was in the display case for weeks. After my para asked for the student to come see me and twenty bucks later the pillow was mine. So, I decided on the colors "Cinnamon Spice," and "Sandy Feet." So, while I was waiting for the primer to dry, I decided see what the bay window looked like in chocolate. I painted the bay window area, and could tell pretty quickly I was headed on the track of my vision.



I then decided I might as well keep going and paint the next color, my sandy feet. Well, then I could not WAIT to see it all put back together. So, I painted and while I cleaned up the rollers and brushes, I let the paint dry. Once Dustin got home, I asked him to help me hang everything back up and put the furniture back into it's place.

Finally, it was finished. It turned out so much better and I LOVE IT!


This is my bay window.


This is the other main color.

Anyway, TA-LA, I did it. And now I can't WAIT to get other parts of our house done!

No comments:

Post a Comment