Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Simple Pleasures

It is Valentine evening and I am at home with my husband, son, neice, and nephew. At first I was really bummed that Dustin and I were not going to go have a big Valentine outing, with dinner and flowers, not like that always happens but I was a little bummed not to be having a romantic date.

However, I am sitting here watching my little boy and husband laugh so hard they are both gasping for air, and I could not have asked for a better Valentines Day. Carter has learned to clap today, and when Dustin got home from work, and I had Carter show him, it totally made Dustin's day.

I have been practicing Patty Cake with Carter for the last week or so, trying to get him to clap. Today when he did I was so excited, it was the best gift ever. Then to watch Carter be so proud of himself for figuring it out and being able to clap like mom and dad was so rewarding!

My nephew is here playing with Carter and every little thing he does cracks Carter up. To hear my son laugh so hard, and to see my nephew interact so well brings such a joy to my life. I honestly cannot count how many times my little man has made me smile and laugh today...who could ask for a better Valentine's Day then that?

To be a parent, and to sit and watch a dad and son interact....well life doesn't get better than that. So, to hell with Halmark and the expensive dinners, tonight was my best Valentine's date yet!

2 comments:

  1. Your Valentine's sounded a lot like mine! I was a little bummed at first to think Mike and I weren't going to be able to spend some romantic alone time. But, being all together as a family ended up being just what my heart needed as well! It is definitely one of the best things ever to see your baby and hubby interact!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day! We got Audrey's pictures done at JCPenny at the District. I've always loved what they've done! I didn't know you had a blog!!! I hope you don't mind I'm adding you to my list... :) I've got some reading & catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete