Wednesday, February 25, 2009

That Used to Be Me....

So, today I had the pleasure of having coffee with a dear old friend from college. I haven't really seen him since my 20th birthday...yes, I remember exactly when due to an eventful event, and I LOVED, loved it.

As we were sitting there, we were reminiscing about how things were 7+ years ago...I tell you what, it was a whole different lifetime ago. Andy was one of the guys who Liz and I hung out with every weekend, and probably 2-4 nights during the week. His house was the local hangout and rather it was a party, dinner, or wrestling, we were always with him. Man, we did everything together.

Today, we are sitting there talking about what each of us are doing now, and it is nothing like six years ago. He is living in Wells, NV doing fire and forestry stuff and I am a freaking special ed teacher! Who'd a thunk it!!! I mean back then we both knew our majors, but we were just going through the motions of playing, with occasional homework, in order to get there. Now, we are both heavily into our careers and grown ups! BLAH!

It was so nice to finally see him. Last time I saw him he had just been rediagnosed with cancer, and I have always wondered how he was doing. I am glad to say he is still in remission and the same old Andy.

As we wrapped up our quick get together, I felt a hint of sadness. Remembering the friends, the get togethers, the late nights, early mornings, and breakfasts at Angies, made me really miss college days. I am so happy to be where I am today, but there is one year in my life I would do again, just for the good times, and that was it. It's so weird to think...that used to be me!

3 comments:

  1. isn't it so funny to remember how you were & how things were that long ago?! ahhhh, memories. :) life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally live my first year of college over again if I could! It was an amazing time in my life as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Linerd...I am now on this silly thing because of you. However, I have NOOOO idea wtf I am doing!! I love you though...

    Also...do you remember me sticking all of your stuff animals in my mouth and you were SOO mad and I was laughing with tears. You TEET!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete