Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Anticipation of Court!

Well, our adoption becomes finalized Tuesday, February 3. Which is two sleeps away! And I am so anxious and excited for that day to be here. Dustin and I have been anticipating this day for over six months now, and it is finally right around the corner! HOORAY!!!

So, last night on our way home, we started discussing which one of us was going to go up on the stand and be the spokesman for our family. I thought Dustin should, and he thought I should. What a surprise right? Well, after some discussion, we decided I would do it. Now, I am so nervous! What if I get up there and as I am talking I start to studder, or can't think of a word, or.... These are all things that happen when I am nervous! So...I am going to have to take a valium just to get through it! LOL...okay not really but I am nervous.

I called our social worker at the end of last week to make sure she remembered, and she did. She had our papers and everything all done and waiting in her file. So, that's good. I asked her a couple of questions and can you believe the whole court session is about 15 minutes long! We wait 6 months for 15 minutes! LOL...it is crazy stuff.

If you are wondering what court will do for us, I will tell you. It makes Carter officially ours. Right now our adoption agency is actually the guardian of Carter. He still has his birthmom's last name, and no social security number. His birth certificate has his birth parents on it, and we don't have access to any of that. However, Carter will when he is older.

Going to court will do a lot for our family. Carter will officially become Dustin Carter Adams, we will get a birth certificate with our names on it as his parents, and we will be able to get a social security number for him. We will also become the guardians, and official parents to our little man. So court is a BIG deal!

Last night I had a dream that I found Nekeita on facebook. As I was reading her profile, she had filled out the 25 random things about her survey and they were all about Carter and her second guessing her . The dream really made me sad and I am so grateful it was just a dream. I hope Keita is at peace with her decision and knows Carter is in good hands!

Anyway, all and all, in two days, our little boy officially becomes our little boy! It doesn't get better than that!

7 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers will be with you. I am so excited that he will finally be a certified member of that family. He always has been a member, now you won't have to worry. We love you and will be with you in our hearts that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hip, hip, hooray! I will see you tomorrow for the big, important day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations (a day early)! You will be fine as the spokesperson. They will be able to see how much you and Dustin love him and would do anything for him to keep him safe and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so excited for you guys! It will be so nice to have all of that over with and behind you! I don't think you have anything to worry about Linds! Every time you talk about Carter you glow like every mom does about their kids. The judge will easily be able to see how much love you both have for your little man! Good luck! I love you tons, best friend of mine! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck today! You'll be wonderful! (I found your blog off of Stacy's. I hope you don't mind that I visited!) I just loved your previous blog about Carters birth mom-what a fabulous experience.
    Just think....end of day it will be official!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsey,
    I hope it was a wonderful day for you guys !
    Congrats !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, yes, yes....We would love to get together. How about Sunday? I could make dinner or we can go out, either way. Let me know what you guys wanna do! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete