Monday, March 23, 2009

ANOTHER ONE!!!

So, this past weekend Carter had been fussier then usual. He really is usually a really good baby with not much crying unless he is sick, tired, or hungry. Well, on Saturday he was a little more fussy then usual, but yesterday he just cried all day. I kept trying to figure out what was going on, and the only thing I could think of was maybe he had an ear infection.

Well, last night at 3:00 am, he woke up SCREAMING. It wasn't just a little fussy fussy, he was screaming. I rushed into his room, picked him up and he gave me the saddest look. I put him in bed with Dustin and I and as long as I had his head on my arm he was okay. (Not the most comfortable way to sleep for another three hours, but oh well!)

As I was driving into work, I just kept trying to figure out what is wrong with Carter. The only thing that kept coming back to me was maybe another ear infection. So, I called the doctor, made an appointment, and Dustin took him in. Guess what, Carter has ANOTHER ear infection!

We took Carter to the doctor on March 4, because we thought he might have RSV. It turned out then he had an ear infection! We put him on antibiotics, and he got off of them on the 14th. So, I am really frustrated that he is having another one. This is his third one in three months. Not good!

I am starting to wonder if I should ask my doctor about tubes. I have no idea how many times you have to have an ear infection within so long, but I can't help but wonder if it would be the better thing to do. I am so worried about them being chronic and I don't like the idea of giving him tons of antibiotics, and risking the scarring of ear infections. However, I don't want to jump into Carter going under for anesthesia either. Any ideas or feedback are greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had some advice or thoughts to give -- Audrey just got off of Amoxicillin for her first ear infection...well, her first that we know of -- she's had a lot of little colds and that is one way to get an ear infection. I didn't even know she had it until her regular check-up. I feel so bad that Carter gets THAT uncomfortable that he screams! At least when you cuddle him he's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH HELL! Not good at all! Ear infections are awful! Luckily Caden hasn't had an ear infection but I had them constantly! I would say, stay away from tubes if you can. I know that it is absolutely necessary for some kids and in that case, you would probably need to do it! But, I had tubes twice as a child. As I got older, like 15-16, I started getting sinus infections and then my ear drums would burst. It is one of the MOST painful things I have ever felt in my whole life. My doctor told me that they are finding that people who have tubes as children have problems like this later on in life. It is horrible! But, if that is the only thing that will help, you may need to do it! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete