Monday, March 23, 2009

Chris and Jocelyn Say I Do...

On Saturday, March 21, my little sister Jocelyn married her sweetheart, Chris. They called and announced their engagement to the family two weeks ago, and it was a tornado ever since. However, it turned out PERFECT!
Jocelyn and Chris flew into Salt Lake on Friday, went and got a marriage certificate, and then separated. Chris went and got a tux, and Jocelyn, Mom, Stacy, and I went and got pedicures. It was a lot of fun to spend sometime with the girls. Jocelyn and I then went to B-town to pick up her dress, and then went back to mom's to determine which jewelry to wear. I kissed her goodnight at about 11:30 Friday night, and went home.

Saturday morning came very quickly, and I was up to get ready and back to mom's house by 7:30. Mom, Joc, and I went and got J's hair done and she then did her make-up. My little sister looked gorgeous! We then went to the church and started putting her into her gown and adding final touches.

Jocelyn and Chris were married at the chapel at "This is The Place Heritage Park." It was very quaint and very nice. The weather was perfect, and had a very springy feel to it, I think it was a GREAT wedding kind of day!

Jocelyn and Chris were able to exchange their vows in front of their parents, siblings, and grandparents. It was so nice and you could see the love between the two radiating. I think the bishop had more nerves up there then Jocelyn and Chris combined.

After the bride and groom exchanged their vows, they had pictures taken and spent some time recording their moment. We had pictures of all the families, grandparents, and of course just the bride and groom. We were then headed to Grand America for a lunch buffet.

Grand America had a fabulous atmosphere and the food was great! Jocelyn and Chris had a wedding cake, and they were nicer to one another then I expected. My dad then wrote a beautiful toast, and mom gave the newly-weds a journey jar that had a very nice reading to go along with it. Then Chris's dad gave a toast, and Jocelyn shared the story of the engagement. It was perfect!

In the short amount of time that was given to prepare a ceremony and luncheon, I think it turned out beautifully. I believe everything looked great, and they were able to share their moment with close family. There is going to be a reception in June for all of the friends and family to attend, while Chris is between training and deployment to Afghanistan.

Jocelyn and Chris....I wish nothing but the perfect life for the two of you. You have been through so much together already, and your life is just beginning. I couldn't be more happy with you two finding one another and am anxious to see all the excitement brings to the two of you! I love you both and look forward to spending some time with you two! Congratulations, and Chris...welcome to our family!

2 comments:

  1. beautiful pictures... you look gorgeous! hey what days and times are best for you to get together.. i don't care if it is for a meal or just a snack.. like jamba or ice cream?? let me know.. you can write on my blog, email (nelle10@hotmail.com) or call 8019795303

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I was hoping you would post pictures of this wonderful day! Your sister looks stunning, as do you! I love the family picture as well! Carter looks so dang cute in that pink tie! Where did you end up finding black pants? I am so glad that everything turned out so wonderful! It looks like it was a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete