Sunday, March 29, 2009

A NIGHT OUT!

Last night Dustin, Carter and I had a family night out and it was so much fun! A friend of mine has season tickets to the Jazz, and she couldn't make this game, and offered them to me. I took them, and then debated if we were going to use them or give them to my sister. The last time we got them we gave the tickets to Stac and Bri as a thank you for helping us out. But, this time I felt like Dustin and I could really use a night out together that is different then usual.

So...we were looking through the weekly mailers and found a buy one entree, get one free at the Blue Iguana downtown. So for $12 we had a great Mexican meal and were able to eat at a restuarant we haven't been to in years, literally!

We then headed over to a parking lot where my uncle parks cars, a block away from Energy Solutions, and he had saved us a great parking spot! It was very easy to walk to and right by the arena...(it will ALWAYS be the Delta Center to me!)

Anyway, once we got there we found our seats and they were AMAZING! We got there in the second quarter and the Jazz were up by 19! I thought it would be a boring game...definitely was not a boring game AT ALL! We played the Phoenix Suns, and can I just note that Shaquel O'Neal, forgive the spelling, is a freaking moose. He is so dang big, I just couldn't stop staring at him.

The people in front of us were Suns fans, and that caused some great fun and commotion with the others surrounding us. We all sat next to two very nice women who fell in love with Carter! They held him and passed him back and forth down the entire line, and he just loved all the attention the entire time!

The game went into overtime, yes that means the second half was VERY rough for the Jazz, but they came out at the beginning of overtime and got back into the game. Darrin Williams really stepped up and helped give the Jazz a victory. GREAT GAME! I am so glad we went.

I decided to see how much a little Jazz beanie would be for Carter, thinking it would be cute for him to be a young fan. So, Dustin and I stood in line forever, then when it was finally our turn, the lady was a total B.I.!!! I asked if she had a beanie with a little rim in front this was her EXACT answer, "I hope you are with him," (looking at Dustin) "and no I don't!." Then the nice woman, walked away! She TOALLY dismissed us. So, I was my nice, mellow self, and told Dustin we were leaving. So much for a little hat for Peanut! Oh well!

We then decided we needed some ice cream. So, we spent 15 minutes at the Sonic drive-up waiting to be helped, and when they still hadn't even taken our order, we went to Sconecutter. We both got a raspberry and snickers yogurt for me and ice cream for Dustin, then went home.

Carter had a lot of fun. Before we were even out of the parking lot he was sound asleep. He handled the noise, the crowds, and the entire night out beautifully! We had a great time and were so glad we could take Carter out to enjoy it with us!

2 comments:

  1. What the??! Why was the lady like, "you better be with him"??? DUH. People are freaks. And what's up with sonic? Last time we went we were in line forever too, we ordered, kept waiting, so we drove off.

    I'm so glad you guys had such a good time! It looks like you all had some awesome seats! And I LOVE the 2-for coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you guys had a blast! I wish we would have known you had those tickets cause we could have kept ours and gone with you guys. We decided to sell them cause we couldn't get a babysitter. Caden has been to a few games but he wasn't napping on Saturday and so he was exhausted and not in the mood! It turned out to be such a great game though! Anyways, I will see you in a couple hours for lunch! YAY!

    ReplyDelete