Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Back At It

During my pregnancy I had to go off some of my medications, because they would not have been safe for the baby. Within three days of going off, I gained ten pounds. I then gained about seven more during the pregnancy and three more since I lost it. So, since November, I have gained 20 lbs! NOT OKAY!!!

As most of you know I have been really working on getting some weight off. Last year I lost 65 lbs, and was finally beginning to feel better about myself. Once I was pregnant, I really stressed the weight gain, but kept telling myself, "now that I know how to get it off, I am not going to worry. I just want a healthy baby." After I lost the baby, I REALLY struggled with the weight. I had worked so hard to get it off, I was angry that I had to lose 20 lbs, that I had already lost, again!

I have continued to hate knowing that I had gained weight, and my skinnier pants no longer fit. It has now been seven weeks since I lost the baby, and my body is finally back to functioning. I have anxiously been awaiting that so I could get back on my diet!

Last Friday I decided it was time, I was ready to get back at it and start to take control of something in my life. Today is day four of my diet, it is the hardest day for me, has been all three times. I am hungry, my head hurts, I am tired, and craving everything I can't have. However, saying all that, I am so ready to get this weight off.

I have a theory, that I made up, since the 20 lbs of fat is "new" fat, it will come off without any problems and I will be able to lose that 20 plus an additional 20 by June. That is right, I am planning on being down 40 lbs in the next three months. I am so excited and ready to be back on track.

So, as much as I HATE the restrictions, CRAVE the junk, MISS my Mexican food, I know it will be so much MORE worth any of that other temporary stuff to be feeling better about myself again. I really am looking forward to continuing to lose weight and I pray at one point, am able to hit my goal weight and maintain it. I just want to be healthy so I can be the kind of mom Carter is proud to say, "Yeah, that's my mom!"

2 comments:

  1. He is proud of you already, you are a great mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, Carter is proud of you and always will be..no matter what! You are a wonderful mother and you love him unconditionally! That is all that matters!!!! That being said, I would like to wish you good luck with your diet!! If it makes you feel better about yourself, it is worth it! I love you Linds!

    ReplyDelete