Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Feeling Violated!

Friday morning, my sister and I packed her car and headed south. I will blog about that in a minute. But right now, I want to write about the first two hours.

Friday morning, I was at work at 6:00 am to wrap up the end of the term. I was then home by 10:20, and ready to go. I remembered I had not yet packed my camera card, and ran in to grab it. After a few minutes of searching for our laptop, I ask Dustin to come help me. We search high and low, and I decide to just go without and I'd buy one when I got to California.

Dustin kissed Carter and I on our way, and we headed south. About, 45 minutes on to the road, I decided to call home and see where Dustin had found our computer. I called and asked him, and he state, "I don't want to ruin your vacation."

Well, Lord knows, that won't sit with me well, so I ask him what is going on. His reply, "We've been robbed."

Me: "Whatever! Why do you say that?"
Dustin: "Because not only is our laptop gone, so is our safe."
Me: "You have got to be kidding me! Seriously?"
Dustin: "Sorry baby."
Me: "Well, shit. Have you called the police?"
Dustin: "Yes, they have already been here and I have a case number."

So, we continue to talk and try to figure out what the hell could be in that safe, what else could be missing, and what the hell we are going to do. I offer to come home, but Dustin said not to, he would take care of it.

I am so angry to know someone came into our house and stole from us. Dustin and I work so hard to have what little we have. We are not people who will buy extravagant things, and when we do, we are very excited and feel like we have saved and worked hard for that.

I then spent the next TWO HOURS of my trip talking to experian, putting a watch on my credit, cancelling my passport, trying to figure out how to protect myself and our family, etc. There was a family heirloom in our safe, rings, passports, etc. Seriously, it sucked!

I got to California and two days later, my cell phone wouldn't let me log in to my facebook account. I went across the street, logged into a computer, and had to reset my facebook account. It shows someone was trying to access us our account in CANADA!
I called Dustin, logged into his, and guess what. Someone tried to login to his account in CANADA too!!!!

Anyway, BLAH! I feel totally violated and am so angry that we are going through this right now. But....what do you do?!?! Thank God for renters insurance!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lindsey!! I am so sorry! That is absolutely terrible! I hope they find the jerks that did this! That is such an awful feeling. I'm so sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete