Thursday, May 13, 2010

How...

Today I have been spending time with my little man. I had him over at NeeNer's and Grandpa's tonight playing with his aunts and cousins. He is full of laughter, joy, happiness, innocence and truly the meaning of my life.

Tonight, I got home, turned on my computer and noticed a friend had joined a group on Facebook. "NATHAN SLOOP AND STEPHANIE SLOOP DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY" This immediately brought so many feelings to surface and I now feel like I have to blog about my feelings on this case. When I type this, I am physically in pain, because I can't even imagine what the last few days of Ethan Stacey's life were like.

Ethan Stacey, as many of us know, was a four year old boy who was brutally murdered by his mother and her husband. The father lives in Virginia, had petitioned not to have his son have to come to Utah, lost, and now will never again hold his Little Man in his arms. He tried to protect him, and due to the laws he will never again smell his Peanut's breath. As a daddy he will never hear his son laugh, cry, say his name ever again. I can't even imagine what that would be like and I pray to God, every day, that I never will know the feeling of life without my Snuggles in it with me.

As a parent it is our job to protect our babies. We brought our children into this world to teach them love, show them guidance, and give them the best possible life we can. It is OUR duty as their parent to be their to make sure no harm comes upon our child and if so treat them with whatever we need to, to make them well!

I feel feelings towards Nathan and Stephanie that I do not feel towards many. There has been one other case that has effected me this way and that is Destiny Hobbs story. I truly am sickened to think these two lifes were able to do such harm and cause so much hurt to a FOUR year old child! I don't know how ANY human could do such horrific things to a child. To go into detail about what was done to this little man, I simply can't do. The thought of writing it into a lifetime of memories is something I am not willing to do. However, I am willing to wish Nathan and Stephanie Sloop a permanent trip to hell. Thank God the state of Utah is doing their best to make sure the case is complete and thorough enough for these two to receive Capitol punishment. It is cases, such as this, that makes me believe it should be legal. The only thing I would suggest would be to allow the public to have their turn with them first.

Tomorrow Ethan's father will lay his son's body in the ground. He will bury his child and leave his son in his final resting place. Tomorrow family, friends, and the entire nation will have Ethan Stacey in their thoughts and prayers as we all say goodbye to him. Tomorrow, I can only pray, God wraps a special blessing around those effected by this tragedy.

Ethan...I pray to my God that you are in the happiest place out there. I have to believe that the days you were suffering someone was their comforting you in some way, making you feel some kind of protection, peace and love. I have to in order to survive the world we live in. I hope where you are, your grass is the perfect color green, your sky is an incredible shade of blue, and the love around you, that you so surely deserve, feels you with complete joy! Please stay close to your dad and the family and friends who lost you. I pray that our justice system serves you diligently! You are an amazing, strong Little Man who underwent the worst of our species. I am sorry! I am so sorry that your little life ended in the hands of the people who were supposed to be there to protect and love you. I am so sorry!

All I can say is, God Speed Ethan Stacey!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, I don't really have words! This story has haunted me since the day I heard about it! I can't even imagine and I don't really want to imagine how horrible the last days of his life truly were. It makes me sick to think of the thoughts that may have been going through his little mind about why people who should be loving him, were hurting him! It bothers me so much and I have lost numerous hours of sleep over it! It makes me hold my baby tighter and pray to god that nothing horrible ever happens to him! Anyways, Jessica reminded me of something that has actually brought me some comfort. Have you read the book "The Shack", if not, I highly recommend you go get it and read it today! It gives me some comfort to know that God was there with him during that horrible ordeal because God never leaves his children alone in times like those! Serious Linds, read it if you haven't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's hard for me to comment on this incident. it brings up so many emotions and thoughts that I can't quite put them into words. i think the worst part is, like you said, that his little life ended at the hands of those who are supposed to love & protect him. what a betrayal on their behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing what this world is coming to, and it is so sad tht parents who have been trusted to love their children can do this. I agree with you, I hope the justice system can do what is needed.

    ReplyDelete