Friday, May 7, 2010

Who's Gonna Be There?

****"You find out who your friends are;Somebody's gonna drop everything;Run out and crank up their car;Hit the gas, get there fast;Never stop to think 'what's in it for me?' or 'it's way too far';They just show on up with their big old heart; You find out who your friends are....~Tracy Lawrence"****
In my lifetime, I have been an incredibly lucky girl. I have had a group of friends for the last 15 years that would do anything for me, and I know it. I know there are so many people out there who cannot say that, and it breaks my heart, because I don't know what that feeling would be like.

I have a group of friends who have seen me through the best and worst times of my life, and I can honestly say I have no idea where my life would have gone if I didn't have this support system through those times. We have been through marriages, deaths, divorces, kids, school, moments where you don't know how you are going to breathe due to sadness and laughter! I have a group of friends who I could call up at any minute of my life, day or night, say I need you, and would have them. I am blessed and I know I am.

We have been through our own friend trials, but I never have worried that we wouldn't speak again because we are way to close to not make it through those times. Our children play together, our lives revolve around one another, and we are family. They are people I call upon when I need to tell a story, vent, cry, or just not be alone. They are my people, my cronies, my go to. And I thank God that I have them.

I have a group of people, that may not all hang out together, but are people I know are there for ME.

I have a friend and we are each others person...what does that entail, it means when she found out she was pregnant I was the second person to know on her first pregnancy and the first on her second. She received my phone calls for every adoption placement opportunity and would let me share my excitement and my sadness when they fell through and then was there to rejoice in pure joy when we got Carter. She was the first person I called on my pregnancy, 10:30 at night, and we shared tears together of joy that I got to have that phone call with her. We then shared tears together when it was over, and she has been there through so much with me. I cry now because looking back, it meant so much to me to have that call with her and made it all worth everything because I had that moment with Ally.


I have a group of sisters who I know would do anything for me. They have been my backbone when I didn't think I could stand any more. They have been people who have never given up on me, even when my decisions wouldn't have been what they would do. They laugh with me, love me, and know so much about my deepest thoughts and fears and can relate because of how much life we have shared together. They are people I can call upon for help, knowledge, strength, frustration, etc. They are the best group of sisters I could ask for and I love them all!

I have a group of friends who have been in my life for so many years I can't even count and every minute with them is an amazing memory, good or bad. We have grown up together and grown together. Our lives intertwine and we make it a top priority to have time together and make sure we don't grow apart. They are my Sunday breakfast group at Virg's. They are one of the best parts of my week.

Then I have Nathan...my Buppy...he is truly the kind of friend that can't be replaced. He has been my best friend for so damn long, and I am so grateful for all he's been to me. He has been my place of safety when I was a kid going through a divorce. He was my place to be me and be accepted. Most of my craziest moments in my life have been spent with him next to me, having a ball! He has been the person my family has adopted as one of their own because of the relationship we share. He adores Carter, and loves the role he plays in his life. He provides for everyone and openly provides his home so we can have our get togethers and spend time with one another. He is the one I can go drink a margarita with and talk about everything or nothing and understand completely what the other person is thinking and going through. We have supported one another in so many ways and know we will be the friends that grow old together, sit around a table at breakfast when we are 70 and laugh until we cry with all the stories we shared together.

At last I have Dustin. The person who understands me completely and still loves me. He is the person I can tell anything to and not worry if his opinion will change of me. We definitely hit rough patches, but are both willing to work through them so that we get to be a family. There is so much more to Dustin, but I wanted this blog to be about my friends outside of my marriage...LOVE YOU BABE!

I am so lucky to have every single one of you in my life. Without my friends I honestly don't know where I would be. I know I wouldn't be the person I am because you are the ones who have defined so much of me. I wish I could write little blogs about every single one of you, but it would take me hours and days. So...please know this, I love every one of you. I am so grateful that you are in my life and people I can call upon in my hour of darkness or my moment of complete happiness. I hope you all know, I am here for you in your hours and treasure every moment we have together. So, the Tracy Lawrence song, at the beginning of the blog, asks a question, "who's gonna be there?" I am so fortunate to be able to say...a lot! I love you all and thanks for being my home fries!

1 comment:

  1. First off, damn you for using that horrible picture of me on your blog! I am so going to get you for that! :-) No but for reals, I feel incredibly flattered that I was mentioned in this post. You are one incredible woman and I am so grateful to have you in my life. Thanks for always listening to me when I need you and for always supporting me and being there for me in good times and in bad! I Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete