Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Weekend

This has been quite the weekend. We have had our laughs; but I am officially exhausted!

Friday afternoon, Dustin and I got home from work, packed our car, and headed to Logan. We had to stop for drinks and then gas, and before we knew it we didn't make it up to Logan until about 8:30 pm. Once we were there, we ate dinner, got Peanut ready for bed, and then just relaxed with the family. Mandy, Kristie and her family, and Larry and Sandy were there. We just hung out for the evening, and I called it a night by 10:30 or so.

Saturday morning, we met my Aunt Tammy and Uncle Craig at my favorite breakfast restaurant, ANGIES! The food was great, like always, and the company even better. We then went back to their house, to visit their friends the Hueys. Their daughter has a little girl, Izzie, who is 8 days older then Peanut, so they had a good time with parallel play.

We then went back to my in-laws where I began getting ready. It was our night for Sex and the City 2, and all of us girls were quite excited. Aimee and her kids came up and we had fun dressing up for our movie. It is Aimee's birthday and we decided that Sex and the City was the perfect way to celebrate! The movie was very funny and light. I LOVE Sex and the City! It is just such a fun series for women.

When we got home we made dinner, watched some television, and had a couple drinks. I suddenly became extremely sleepy, and though I would have enjoyed the company and socializing, my body couldn't handle it. So, again, I was in bed by about 10:00. Dustin and his sisters were up until 4, hot tubbing and kicking a few back. It sounds like they had a really good time.

Sunday Carter enjoyed some time with his cousin Madi. They took a bubble bath...ate some breakfast...played with toys... and sat on the big kid swing. This was the first weekend the two toddlers actually played together, and they were the best of friends.

We packed our bags after breakfast, and after playing on the Rhino and some of the toys, we called it a trip. We headed south and went to my mom's where we had a barbecue. We got to hang out with my sisters and family, plus my grandmother came by. It was so nice to spend time with all of them!

We then had a gathering at Nathan's. We had several friends over and kicked back a few drinks. We got in the hot-tub, shared our stories, and then called it a night. We had one ginormeous sleep over at Nathan's. This morning we made breakfast, some of us got back in the hot tub, then planned for another bbq.

All and all we had a pretty good weekend. There were a lot of emotional side events that occurred, but I wanted to make sure to document the good times. We are very lucky for the friends and family we have! And are grateful for all who have served to give us our freedom. Happy Memorial Day!

1 comment:

  1. Fun weekend for you guys for sure! Carter is just the cutest thing. I love that last picture of him, it totally cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete