Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Piece of Perfection

Tonight I was folding laundry and trying to watch my show, when I heard Peanut start to cry in his sleep. This was the second time he had started crying tonight, but the first time he only did for a minute or so then went to back to sleep. The second time, he continued to cry and I was worried if he cried to much he would be wide awake.

I went into his room, and he was curled up, I think sleeping, but crying. So, I did what any mother would do...I crawled into his toddler bed to hold him. (I know quite the visual to imagine my rear end in a toddler bed but I did it!) When I got in he just said, "Mommy?" I replied with, "I am right here baby. Nigh, nigh." With that, my amazing son curled his little body into mine and went into a heavy sleep....MY HEART MELTED!

As I laid in bed with my little man, for about 15 minutes, I had so many thoughts go through my mind. Here are some...
***How did I get so damn lucky to get to be his mom?*** How is it possible to love a little body so much?*** My little boy is amazing.*** My life does not seem complete when he is not home.*** I miss him when he is gone.*** He makes me smile everyday. ***I love him and would sacrifice everything for him. ***How am I going to protect him from everything the world has...I'm not...so how am I going to teach him what he needs to know to make the right decisions?

I then decided it was WAY to much thinking for me to have for tonight. So, I softly whispered in his little perfect ear, "I love you Peanut Butter." His little mouth smiled and he inhaled deeply. I kissed his perfect forehead and climbed my butt out of the toddler bed. As I walked out of his room and closed his door, I thought to myself, tonight I was given the opportunity to be reminded how perfect my little man is and how grateful I am to get to have this wild, intense, incredibly amazing ride of being Carter's mom!!!

6 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I love those types of moments and I think that god gives them to us to remember how much we love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gave me the chills! Amazing!! They are so cute, especially when they are sleeping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those, perfect moments, when you realize everything is good and right in the world. Children have a way of centering you. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for sharing! you brought me to tears. you reminded me that those moments are what motherhood is all about! i had a small perfect moment tonight. it's amazing how these little people can fill your heart so full!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those perfect moments! I think sometimes we get busy and we don't always cherish them! I am glad to hear your cherished every bit of that moment with Carter. It sounds like it was a magical one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love moments like that. it is just amazing and you realize how lucky we are to be moms, and especially for those of us to took the longer road to being a mommy, it is even more wonderful. And one day they won't want us that close so we better take in all the snuggling we can!
    PS and I love your other post about race. I couldn't agree more, who cares what we look like or if we even look alike, it that we are a FAMILY and we love each other. I think in this state it is hard because sooo many people can't understand or handle difference, but get over it people because you are missing out on a wonderful part of life!

    ReplyDelete