Sunday, August 8, 2010

100th Blog Post=Anxiety

First off...this is my 100th blog post for our family blog! Kind of fun.

However, with this 100th post, I find myself a little nervous. I am having surgery tomorrow on my hand. I am not really anxious about the surgery or removal of the cyst itself. I've done that before.

But...I am SO nervous about the anesthesia. I always am. This is my sixth surgery, I have never had a problem, and yet...

Here I sit at 10:40 pm, wide awake. My eye has been physically twitching for 16+ hours with very little ease, and I am here thinking about all surgery entails.

How do they knock you out so hard, you don't feel anything? You don't remember anything? You don't know what in the hell is going on? You go down and when you wake up they have been playing with your innards and you can't recall a single thing...its scary if you think about it.

Then you always hear the horror stories...I woke up in the middle of surgery! I could feel it but was paralyzed and couldn't talk! They had a hard time waking me up! BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! ANXIETY!

Tomorrow will be here and the surgery will be done. It will be quick and I won't remember what happened. I won't have any horror stories, and I will be grateful knowing the pain is temporary...and that I have pain pills! Tomorrow at this time I will be on the flip side of surgery and sleeping it all off.

Here is to a quick recovery with little pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment