Sunday, August 15, 2010

Little Man

To My Little Man,

I wrote a letter earlier this summer and tonight I feel compelled to write you a letter. I need you to know just how much you mean to me and what this summer has represented for me.

I became a teacher for many reasons, one very BIG one was because when I became a mom, I would have time off with my kids. The first summer I became a mom, what I had left was rough and I was exhausted. Going back to work was easier because I knew how to do that. Last summer, you were fun and I enjoyed you but I was okay going back to work.

However, tonight is no longer a summer evening. Tonight I have to go to bed at a decent hour. Tomorrow, I am going back to work. Tonight. I. Am. Heartbroken!

This summer you have become my buddy. I have loved getting to be your mom this summer. I know we had a few rough days, and I thought it would be lucky if we both ended summer alive, but those, too, have made my summer.

I have loved our adventures, rather it being a day of just you and me or a day where we were off on an adventure. I feel like we did so much and really got to know one another so well. You truly are such a delightful little person and I am so glad I had you to spend my summer with.

Tomorrow I go back to work, and we go back to a routine. I am already counting down the days off, the adventures we can plan throughout the school year, and what continues to be within our future.

I hope you know how much you mean to me. You are everything a mommy would want in a little boy. I. LOVE. YOU! Thank you for being my little buddy that, so willingly and lovingly, went every where with me this summer! I loved every day with you. I loved how close we became. I love that you and I did a lot together. Most of all, I love that you were there with me through it all. This has been the best summer I can ever remember, and so much of that is because I got to enjoy my days with you. What more could a mom ask for?

Thank you for it all! Thank you for being you and such a delightful little man. You are everything I could hope for and more.

I love you always and forever,

Your Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment