Sunday, August 29, 2010

Tuesday Afternoon

On Tuesday, I had worked 9+ hours and was exhausted. I headed over to Stacy's to pick up my Little Man, and head home for some unwind. As I am at Stacy's she says, "Let's take the kids and go to Thanksgiving Point to the Dinor exhibit." I said, "When, tonight?" And in my head, I am thinking if she says yes, I am not only going to tell her no, but it is going to be a hell no! I am exhausted! Of course it was for tonight, it is $2 Tuesday. I generously pass, she pleads, I still pass...I am not going to go to an exhibit after today! I send my thanks and love and go straight home.

I get home, and as I am reheating last nights spaghetti my phone rings, "Ister" calling. She informs me she is coming to get my child and take him to Dinor land with her. I again, decline three times, and on the fourth one I realize I probably don't have much of an option. Carter is going to dinor land. I feed him, and the guilt starts to rise.

Just because summer is over doesn't mean I should stop activities with Carter during the week....But I am SUPER tired, it was a long work day...But its Carter and I am really going to miss this opportunity to go be with my son, niece, nephew, and sister....as much as I thought I would say OF COURSE I AM!!!...I cannot, so, I grab my purse and when S pulls in, she grins....she knew the guilt would overcome me.

However, the grin quickly died as she learned I needed a quick trip to Costco to drop something off to Dustin. Then due to traffic, lights, and timing, it took longer than usual. We will just say, for about 30 minutes I didn't know if Stacy was going to attempt a homicide to her younger sis.

Once we got to Dinor land, things started to move quickly...and by things, I mean three small children who were so excited they wanted to see it all!



There was a place for the kids to see how much they weigh, and what dinor they would have been comparable to.



There was a place to color a picture and then post it with all of the other little ones who had been there throughout the day.



The majority of the time was spent at the water and sand table. Oh, how all three of them loved being able to get dirty, feel wet, and enjoy each others company.



The kids LOVED Dinor land...and I will admit I did too! It was so fun to see the smiles, the ooohs and aaahs of our babies soaking it all in, and the excitement of all the different Dinor Land options.





As we were walking out of Dinor land, Stacy and I had fun with some pictures of our own. I now see it as, we were holding the world in our hands...on a Tuesday afternoon! Thanks for the outing S, I am glad we went!!!

1 comment: