Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

This has been a pretty nice weekend, and some how I managed to go the whole weekend without my camera! I am super sad!

Friday night Dustin and I just hung out at home. It had been a crazy, busy week and it was nice to just spend some time at home. I ended up going on a little shopping adventure for a birthday present, and then to Arby's to try to locate the debit card that had seemed to vanish. Thankfully, it was at Arby's and I didn't have much more to worry about.

Saturday morning we woke up early and went to Virgs. It was just our little family, in fear that nobody else would have been awake yet. Dustin had to work early, but I wanted some family time so to breakfast we went. We then ran to Old Navy and Costco for a few more things.

I then went home and Carter and I packed up to head north. We got to Brigham City about 2ish to help setup Jameson's 7th birthday party. It was a bug party and turned out darling. Carter was hesitant to interact with the other kids, but eventually came around.

I then babysit London and Jameson, along with Carter, so their parents could have a much needed date night. It was so chill and the kids were great. I must admit...I can't remember the last time I babysat on a Saturday night! But it was easy and to just sit and veg may have been EXACTLY what I needed.

Sunday morning I went to my Aunt and Uncle's for breakfast. It was so nice! The conversation is always delightful, the setting was gorgeous, and Uncle Craig and Carter became the best of friends. It was so nice to have some unwind and just shoot the breeze with my Aunt and listend to Carter and Uncle Craig play.

I then headed back to Wellsville, where Doug and his kiddoes joined Carter and me. We took them all to McDonalds playland and let the kids eat then play for a little bitl Once we were done there, we headed back to the in-laws for some swimming. I was kind of in a slow motion mood, but eventually the boys got in the pool, Doug and Lo went on the bike, and I continued to veg.

Dustin showed up around 5ish and got out the second bike. The boys raced and had a good time and played with the toys. Around 7 Doug and kiddoes headed home and Dustin made dinner. We were exhausted and in bed by about 9:45.

Today we woke up and straightened up the house to head back south. I stopped off in B-town to spend a couple hours with my daddy. It was really nice to get to chat with him. It seems like it has been far to long since I saw him. Dustin and Carter just hung out at home. The rest of the evening we just vegged.

Tomorrow we are back to work and hussle. Thank goodness it is only a four day work week!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a fabulous weekend! I don't think I have told you how much I love that family picture on your page. You look stunning!

    ReplyDelete