Saturday, September 25, 2010

Lion King

In the begninning of August my mother told me to put in my calendar September 25, a few hours for her. I needed to make sure I reserved the day for her, but she wasn't going to tell me more because it had to deal with my birthday present.

Well, I was riding down the road with Stac and I heard the Lion King commercial, it gave the dates, and all of the sudden it clicked! I said, "Oh my god! Is that what mom is giving me for my birthday!" Stac did her best to cover it up, but I immediately called my mom, asked, and then celebrated when she told me yes!

Lion King is one of the very few Broadway plays I have really wanted to see. For years this is the one I have been waiting for! So, knowing that my mom had gotten me a ticket was the best birthday gift!

This morning I got up and got ready. It is always fun to be able to dress up a little, curl my hair, and put on some dressy shoes. Garry agreed to keep the Little Man for me, so I met them over there. Garry and Peanut came to lunch with us, and we were spoiled. Mom took us to the Grand America for the lunch buffet which is incredible!

I then kissed my Little Man goodbye and we went to the Capitol Theatre for Lion King. Let me just say, the first scene was AMAZING! It was nothing less than magic. The beauty, the animals, the sounds, it all brought chills to my body and tears to my eyes.

The play was wonderful. The costumes were spectacular. The music and voices were inspiring. The play was so good!!!! I. LOVED. IT!

I am so grateful to my mom for taking me for my birthday! It was such a fun outting with her!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! I'm taking Morg to Les Mis next year when it's in town. I can't wait to surprise him! Well, I hope I won't spill and that he won't catch on like you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous! I wanted to go so bad, but really couldn't with a brand new baby. I am so glad that you got to go. That is a great birthday present. Oh by the way, you are looking really good!

    ReplyDelete