Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fishing at Strawberry

Late Friday night I got a call from Nathan saying he was going fishing with his brothers on Saturday morning, and asked if we wanted to go. Unfortunately, Dustin worked Saturday morning, but Carter and I were all in.

So, Carter and I left our house at 4:45 AM and headed to Nathan's. Nobody was there yet, Nathan was still asleep, but a few phone callswere made and we pretty quickly were getting ready to go. After a short stop to get coffee and snacks we were headed East to Strawberry Reservoir.


We got there about 7:30 and it was a whopping 31 degrees and BEAUTIFUL
!


Once we got the boat in, we buckled down and headed across the lake. I am so grateful Carter and I had warm clothes and blankets. I don't think either one of us ever got really cold!




It was then time to start getting poles ready and we all started tossing out lines. Nathan was the first to catch a fish. It was a good size and put the rest of us in fairly good spirits. Dave quickly caught a fish after that, which was even bigger and we were even more anxious to catch fish.



As we were trolling, which was something I haven't done in SO long, my pole about jerked out of my hands. I hollered, "I GOT ONE!" and started reeling it in. But the fish was fighting, and I was so far out, I was getting worn out. Nathan tried to take my pole, but there was no way I was going to give it up. When I finally got my fish in, he was HUGE! It was so cool, all the boys were blown away. I took pictures with it, and then after much debate on whether we should keep it or not, due to size, we threw him back in the water because we didn't have a measurement. Quickly after, the boys found a measurer on the cooler, and we now know my fish would have been big enough I could have kept it! I think they knew all along, they just didn't want proof of my ginormeous fish around! ;-)


Dave caught a few more and Jason caught one by the end of the morning. As we were trolling we looked up and saw a beautiful Eagle perched in the tree.






We were home by 1:00 and got the boat clean and said goodbye. It was such a great fall activity, and I so loved the outing. Thanks again boys for counting me in!

No comments:

Post a Comment