Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 Starts With A Bang!

Sunday evening Dustin had decided he wanted to go to the desert and do some shooting. I am usually quick to protest, especially when it is cold and dark, but that is when he prefers to go. So, I half-heartedly protested, he went, and the night went on.

My sis found us a Christmas tree, prelit and all, on sale at Smiths for $25!!! So she got it for us, but due to their car being backed into on Christmas day, they were in a rental, and I needed to go get the tree sooner then later.

Around 6:15 I headed to my mom's and at about 6:30 my cell phone rang...FUZZY!

The conversation goes something like this...
"Hi Fuzzy!"..."Hi Babe!"
"What ya doin'?" "I was just drivin' home."
"Oh yeah? Did you have fun?" "I did, but I have to tell you something."
"hmmm....okay?" "I clipped a deer."
"You what!?!" "I hit a deer."
"Ah...ummmm is the car driveable?" "Probably not. Also, my phone just beeped at me and its dying."
"Of course it is. Do you have your charger?" "No."
"Right...where are you?" "Out by Saratoga Springs."
"Okay, but where?" "I don't know, I will have to text you, but please don't call me anymore, or my phone will die. I have to go! I love you!"

Yep! Tears!

My sister was right there and hugged me, I went into the house to explain the situation, say bye to Carter, and Garry thankfully agreed to take me. He had an idea. Dustin and I text a few times and he was luckily able to nurse the car to a gas station. Throughout the texts, it dawns on me I didn't ask him if he was hurt, luckily he wasn't. I also then asked if the car was totalled and he told me he was pretty sure it was. AWESOME!

When Garry and I got there the car was pretty smushed. The radiator was leaking, the power steering was out, the hood was crunched, fender broken, quarter panel squished, dent in passenger door. And the list goes on...yep, probably totalled!


So, we drove home and I was pretty quick to call it a night.

Yesterday we learned the car is totalled and now we are just waiting to see what the payoff amount will be and then moving on. I guess we will also be purchasing a vehicle here soon. Not anything NEAR what I thought we would be doing, but in the big picture it is just a car and the only thing injured was the deer.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god Linds, I am so glad Dustin is okay! Poor car and poor deer! I am so sorry this happened right now, that must be stressful with just getting into a new house and all. I hope everything goes well with the insurance and you can get a new car soon! Again, glad Dustin is okay!

    ReplyDelete