Monday, September 26, 2011

Late Summer Concert Series

The end of August, first of September, my gang and I hit a bunch of concerts. They turned out to be so fun and the music was pretty good.

The first one we went to was Adelle. This was August 22 at the Gallivan Center. We found a trick to park in a garage and watch from there. Sounds a little wierd, but it was so fun! PLUS, we got to sit in our lawn chairs, talk, listen to the music perfectly, and could even see the stage.





The next concert was the one we had been waiting for the longest. Brad, Kris, and I went to Def Leppard and Heart. I don't know a bunch of the Def Leppard songs, but Heart is one of my favorites. Plus, they played my VERY favorite song, "Alone!" Kristie didn't know as much Heart, but killed it when it came to Def Leppard. The concert turned out to be so fun and the evening was beautiful.






After that Brad and I went to Willie Nelson at the Gallivan Center. Again, in the parking garage. However, this time the crowd was a lot more abnoxious, the music not as loud, and the screens weren't down. So, about an hour into it, we left and went and got some Cold Stone ice cream instead.

The final concert was Wilson Phillips. I LOVE this band, and have since I was a wee one. So, the day of, I sent Tyler to go get us tickets. They were playing at the fair, and the concert was free but you had to get tickets. Ty went and we were thrilled. As we walked in we were taken to our seats. Turns out we had seventh row seats and right in the middle. IT WAS AMAZING!! I love their music and had such a good time.





The concerts have been a blast, and it was so fun to be to so many in such a short amount of time. We don't have any planned for now, but I hear Air Supply in January may be calling our names!

No comments:

Post a Comment