Monday, June 28, 2010

A Much Needed Outting With Buppy!

A week ago Dustin was finally scheduled for a day off. So, we had lunch with his parents to celebrate Father's Day, then I was lucky enough to pawn Carter off on my mother-in-law so I could take my husband on a date. We both were looking forward to the time together, and excited for dinner at Cheesecake Factory. My cell phone rang and it was Nathan asking if I wanted to go to Alpine Canyon with him for the afternoon. I happily declined and kept planning...maybe we would add a movie at Brewvies. Then Dustin's cell phone rang...Todd Work...I knew what was coming...Date night cancelled...Dustin called into work...Wifey completely bummed!

So, I called Nathan back, asked him if I could still join him and when he said yes, I said give me thirty minutes. I ran home, grabbed my camera, some CD's and headed to Nathan's. We got in his suburban and headed south-east.


We found a couple of CD's I had burned for Nathan, back in 98-99, so we popped those in and enjoyed some great music and flashed back a million memories. Nathan and I have been friends for close to 20 years now and my entire life has him in it. So, when we listen to music and one of us has a memory linked to it, chances are...the other does too.

We talked about a new girl he is seeing, friends, family, life, the past, the future, and everything in between. It was EXACTLY what we needed; we hadn't spent an afternoon together, just the two of us, in years.

We eventually made it to our destination where we got out and walked around. We then ended going up and down some hills to get back and forth to the water. I wasn't exactly in hiking shoes...which did make things a little more difficult!

Anyway, we probably spent a couple hours wandering around... and then headed further up the mountain. We only stayed long enough to grab a few pictures and then headed back down. We had a great afternoon then came home, went to dinner, then got in the hot-tub with a margarita. We had a really nice time just being Lin and Nathan!

No comments:

Post a Comment