Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Week In Bear Lake

During June 11-18, my Aunt Tammy had a condo in Bear Lake, unfortunately, she was not able to use it. Fortunately, for us, she offered it to us. I thankfully accepted and prepared to start my summer off right, a week at the lake.

I arrived Friday afternoon, and it was just me and Peanut. We unloaded the car, made dinner, and spent a couple hours unwinding before we headed for bed. The weather was cold so we just kind of unwound.

Saturday morning I made Carter and myself breakfast and hung out. At about noon, my darling husband arrived and we got to spend the afternoon as a family. It continued to rain all day and was cold so we hung out in doors. We watched some movies, I read a book, and then made dinner. By the end of the night, I had major cabin fever so we headed out and drove around the lake. I had no idea just how big the lake was, but we really had a good time just driving around it and being outdoors. It was beautiful.

Sunday, the weather continued to be crummy. That afternoon we finally decided to go to the pool and spend sometime outside. The weather was mild, not warm necessarily, but the temperature in the pool made it manageable. I had an amazing floatie, and so did Carter. We had a ton of fun and Carter loved playing.


Sunday night Dustin text me a picture and note that said here is our adventure for tomorrow. This is what it was!

So...Monday morning we headed into town for coffee, and to the KOA to rent our bike. It was so much fun for a family adventure. Dustin was hilarious with his comments, and we rode the bike for an hour, and went an awesome five miles. It was so fun and for the first time during the trip the weather was PERFECT!!!

Once we got back from the bike ride, we made lunch, then headed outside to the pool and then over to the playground. We were able to soak up some sun, spend some time with one another, and enjoy being outside.

Monday night our friend Corey joined us. The boys went up into the canyon and shot the guns. They had a great time and when they got back we ate spaghetti, had a few drinks, watched a movie, and hung out.

Tuesday we decided we wanted to go on a hike. I had remembered Minnetonka caves were near the lake, so we piled in the car and decided we would go for a hike. Once we got up to the caves, we got out, went over and were shocked to find out we would have to wait for a tour and they only accepted cash or checks. So...we let Carter play for a little bit then headed back down. We finally just pulled off the side of the road and took a short walk and enjoyed the scenery.
Tuesday afternoon, Corey and Dustin headed back to Salt Lake City leaving me and Carter to fend for ourselves for another day before the next group of company came up. Carter and I spent the afternoon playing with bubbles and hanging out. That night we walked over to the store where I bought us an ice cream, watched Carter play, enjoyed the beautiful evening, and I read blogs. It was a very relaxing night!

Wednesday morning Carter and I woke up and he ate some cereal. I straightened up the condo, did the dishes, tried to make sure everything that had dairy on it had been cleaned, due to my nephews allergies, and hung out with my boy. In the afternoon we went to the pool for a little while, then the weather went sour so we came back. Carter napped and I finished my book. That evening my mom, my sisters, and my grandmother joined me for the remainder of the trip. We made tacos for dinner and then quickly put kids to bed. We then drank margaritas and watched "When In Rome."

Thursday morning my mom, Jocelyn, and I went into Idaho and bought home made cinnamon rolls, and coffee. We got back to the condo, made breakfast, and relaxed. We eventually got into our swimsuits and headed for the pool. Colin wanted to build sandcastles, so S took her kids out to the sand and we shortly followed headed for the pool. However, once Carter saw Colin in the sand, the pool quickly became a past idea, and the sandbox won!
However, due to the coldness outside, we didn't stay out to long before we found we needed to head back in. The kids napped, mom, S, and grandma went to Paris... and Jocelyn and I hung...and slept a little ourselves.

That evening the kids played, spaghetti was made, and quite a bit of packing was completed.

Friday morning Jocelyn and I left by 7. I had to be to work as soon as I could, so we called it early and drove home. It was a nice ride and fun to have some time with her before she left. A huge THANK YOU to my Aunt and Uncle for giving us the opportunity of the get away...we LOVED IT!!!

1 comment:

  1. i am SO JEALOUS! i {heart} logan & bear lake. those are some beautiful landscape shots! it looks like you all had a blast!

    ReplyDelete