Monday, February 21, 2011

Starting To Feel Like Home

Saturday morning Carter and I went to Gymboree like we usually do. He wasn't feeling up to par and I could tell it might be one of those days where home is thebest option. I didn't want to just go home and do nothing, I wanted to do something, but didn't know what. So, on our way home, I decided to stop by Michaels and see what I could find to entertain myself with.

I have this wall in my house, by my back door, that I don't love. It is big, empty, and makes me cringe when I look at it. You should probably know I have hung a total of two pictures in my house and that simply is just so I felt like somebody lived here. I don't know if they will even remain where they are, but we hung them shortly after moving in and have done ZERO decorating since.




While at Michael's I thought of this wall and decided maybe I should see if I can find a way to decorate it. So I just started cruising,I had an idea that I wanted to hang letters and my family pictures done by Brein. Rather than that...I. HAD. NO. IDEA!!!

But as I cruised I found letters I like, so I spelt this...



I then found these words, and though I didn't know what I was going to do with them, I decided I like them a lot for a buck each.



As I continued to roam, I found paint on sale for 29 cents and ribbon 3/$1.



I decided I better buy Carter something to work on so that he doesn't want to "help" with my little project so I got him this, and let me tell you, he loves it!!!



So after some paint, some glue, and some much needed me time, it turned out like this!



I must say, I like it. I think it is different and something that makes our home feel more like our home!

3 comments:

  1. Good job again. Really stop hiding her I know she is in there

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a good job! I knew there was a Betty in there some where.

    ReplyDelete