Thursday, February 3, 2011

Not A Lot

I feel like it has been forever since I blogged, and there are just a few things I want to write down.

First, my big sister turned the big 30 this past weekend. I told her I was glad she was there first. It is probably the first time EVER I am not sad that she is older than me. When we were younger anytime she hit a mile stone, I couldn't wait to get there. Now, from 28 to 30...well that time can go as slow as it wants.

Today my baby sister, the youngest of all, turns the big 23! It is so crazy to think she is at this age! I feel like she should still be my 8 year old Smurf! How is it possible that she is now so grown up. What's even more weird, is when I was her age I was MARRIED!

Two years ago today Dustin and I finalized our adoption. Truly such a great day and one I hold very close to my heart. It was such an emotional day and one I will cling to and relive for the rest of my life.

Carter has started struggling with going to bed and then staying in his bed. The other night we had to put him into bed 11 times! It got down to "your turn mommy!" "Your turn daddy!" If anyone has tips on how to get the small child to stay in bed, feel free to share.

Other than that, we just continue to "Live the Dream!" It is pretty good most the time and we are grateful for where we are these days!

1 comment:

  1. It is probably the adjustment and change of being in a new house. Have you tried putting a gate on his door? Caden doesn't require this anymore but we did do it for awhile. More for his safety than anything really. We figured that way if he got up during the night he couldn't wander outside or something scary like that. Anyways, just a thought! I am glad things are going so well for all of you right now. Love you!

    ReplyDelete