Thursday, March 3, 2011

Could Have Turned Into A Fist Fight..Over Superman!

This week Dustin is working the early shift every day. Which means, I have to take the Little Man to Aunt Stacy's every morning. I don't love this shift because I really hate getting up early, little lone having to get a child ready as well. Oh well, right.

So, Monday started this week of early mornings. I had to awaken Carter, and he was not happy about this at all. But we got going and I thought we would be fine. Little did I know...

Carter wanted to wear his superman t-shirt, unfortunately it was in the washer. I was trying to explain to Carter why he couldn't wear a wet t-shirt to Aunt Stacy's in February. "Baby, you will freeze. Honey, you will get sick! I can't let you wear a wet shirt, it is to cold!!!" None of this was working, and my son started screaming!!!

I found another shirt, long sleeve, clean, and most importantly DRY!!! I put Carter on my bed, and he starts screaming, kicking, trying to escape. I have to actually lock him down with my body while I get him dressed. We get his shirt on, and I have to get his pants, which he threw on the floor. I pick them up, only to see Carter has now taken his arms back out of his shirt. Grrrr!!!

After much kicking and fighting I finally have Little Man dressed. I put on his shoe, and while I am getting the other one ready, he kicks the other one off. Oh my hell child, we were going to duke it out.

Finally we are dressed, I am completely flustered, now running later than I prefer, and I still need to get my shoes on. We go downstairs and I ask him to grab his coat. He tells me he wants to put it on, so I say okay. Well, of course he puts it on backwards, which would not be a big deal but due to the fact we are going in his carseat, it won't work. I try to help him, he screams and throws it on the floor. No big deal, I will just put it in the car with me. I pick it up. He comes running over, grabs it out of my hands and throws it back on the floor with a, "ME DO IT!!!"

I grab it, close my door, walk out to my car, put him in kicking, screaming, and arching his back. I pin his little body, put the seatbelts on, and he starts crying. My eyes fill with tears, and I get in my car. I sat there for a minute thinking, "Holly hell, it is going to be a day. I feel like I just got done in a fist fight...and it's only 7:00 am Monday morning!"

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh the "ME DO IT" stage. They never wanna do it though when you have time... only when you are running late!! The JOYS of children :)

    ReplyDelete