Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Mom Turns The Big 6-0!

Yesterday was my mom's 60th birthday. This is a birthday she has been dreading, and my sisters and I wanted to make sure it was an extra special one. See, my mom is KNOWN for making the big birthdays seem to really count. She always makes them special and we wanted to try to do the same for this one.

Thursday my sisters and I went back and forth on different ideas, and decided the best way to make it a birthday to remember is to celebrate her day ALL. DAY. LONG!!!

Stacy and kids started it off at her work first thing in the morning with balloons and a crown that stacy had made.


At about 10:00 Garry had the next drop off and delivered a fruit arrangement.

At 12:00 Stacy, the grandkids, and I dropped off a birthday cake for her to share with her co-workers and sang happy birthday.



We decided to do the final drop off at her house, instead of work, because she got off a few minutes early. So, S, Gar, Grandbaby's, and I were waiting for her when she got home. We had a large bouquet of flowers waiting for her, with a little note that said, "FOR THE QUEEN."


As soon as she saw the flowers, we sent her into her room for a pair of sandals and a few pairs of socks. This was going to be the time us girls were going for a pedicure, one of our favorite things to do.


I than took mom's keys and excorted her to our next stop....DSW for a new pair of kicks. We didn't know what kind of shoes she would want and we wanted to make sure they were a pair that was comfortable and fun for her.


I think we did good!


The last stop was Red Robin for dinner. Here all of our families met and we were able to enjoy one another's company.


While at Red Robin mom opened her card from Jocelyn, whom we all missed dearly, and sent loves her way.



The final surprise was a beautiful watch from Gar. My mom had wanted one, but didn't know that Gar knew and he took it upon himself to find an AMAZING watch fit for the Queen.


We shared a scrumptious dessert and called it a night.


My mom was really struggling with turning 60. She said she woke up with the blahs over it, but as the night ended she was nothing but grins and smiles. I think she had a really good birthday and I hope it is one she remembers. I kept telling her, "Mom, its going to come rather you want it or not...SO BRING IT ON!"

She brought it the only way she knows how, with love, grace, and finally acceptance! HAPPY 60th MOMMY! Thank you for all you do for everyone of us. You truly are an amazing mom, and it was a pleasure celebrating your day with you! I LOVE YOU!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I hope I can make my mom's 60th birthday as memorable! Looks and sounds like lots of love and lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome Linds! You guys are all so thoughtful! I will have to remember this for when my mom turns 60! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete