Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'm Coming Home...After Seattle!

Thursday morning I woke up and began getting ready. I had received a text from my principal asking a question, and decided I should logon to my e-mail. I pulled out my computer, turned on the net, and found out I was to pay $9.95 in my room. I called the front desk and asked why it wasn't working. Turns out when they say "Free internet" it means in the lobby only. To be in the comfort of my own room would cost extra.

I was extremely frustrated and decided it was time to just check out of my room. I asked they pull my car around and I bounced. I went to Liz's where she was waiting and off on our adventure we went.

It was so nice to spend the day with Liz. I had not seen her since December of 2009, and we had a lot of catching up to do. We went and got coffee and a pastry, then went to check out her new home. It is darling!!!





Once that was out of the way we headed to Seattle to do some site seeing. We found a parking lot, that said, "$5 parking" and I thought that was a great deal. We parked the car and out we went. We spent the majority of the afternoon at Pike's Market. It was so fun to see this famous place and we walked all over. We saw a lot of seafood, stores, markets, and entertainers. I finally got to see the ocean water and I found comfort taking it all in.


Liz and I then decided to go eat some clam chowder in a bread bowl. It was delicious, but then time for us to take Liz back. As we got back to my car, Liz noticed an envelope on my car and asked what it was. Turns out I got a parking ticket, $50, due to my back tire crossing the line. WHAT! I was livid. I then had to pay $28 for my parking spot, because it was $5/hr parking. RIDICULOUS!!! So, within less than 24 hours, I spent close to $100 in nothing BUT parking!!! Arghhh!






Liz and I talked the entire time, and it was so nice to finally spend some serious girl time. Unfortunately, I don't have many girlfriends back home anymore, and it was much needed to just chat.




At about 2:00 we said goodbye and I headed to Seatac. I filled up my cute little car and returned it. I then got on my shuttle and went to the airport. I tried to catch the 4:30 plane to Salt Lake, but due to a checked bag, I was unable to get on. So, I read through my e-mails, replied, and anxiously awaited to get home.

Once we got on the plane, I pulled out my book and read. I was so excited to get home and be with my family. Dustin and Carter were waiting for me when I walked out and Carter was feeling much better.

Washington was an amazing trip. I felt like I conquered a lot and was able to prove to myself I can travel alone and as long as I have a good GPS system, survive. I really enjoyed my time, but was so glad to come home to my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment