Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Washington Day 2...WOW!!!

Day 2 was very interesting. I woke up early in the morning and got ready. I was very excited to go meet the people I had been talking with, and more excited to meet the students. I was very excited to get in there and see what I could do.

I ate breakfast at the hotel, and then went to the school. It was nice to meet everyone and observe the school. I was able to spend four hours at both school and see what the day was like for the students.

I was very intrigued by these kiddoes and found them both amazing. I loved talking with them and spending sometime with them. I once was told, children with this disease have a special glow and auro about them, I couldn't agree more. The few students I have had the privillege to meet and chat with have touched my heart in a very special way.




As I left the two schools that day, I found myself searching internally for ways I could help these boys. I sent a HUGE shoutout to my god and angels, asking them to help give me the knowledge I needed to provide positive supports and assistance as they continue to go through their journey. With this being a deadly disease, it breaks my heart to know that they are going to go through the ultimate hell of losing everything and so are their families. I needed to gather everything I knew and develop a report and outline for them.

I went back to my room, laid down, and tried to absorb everything I had observed. About 45 minutes later, I found the strength to get up, grab my laptop, and go to dinner. I wanted Mexican food, so I asked my hotel where a good restaurant was, and headed there.

I began eating chips and salsa and the thoughts began to poor. I spent the next two hours in a booth typing all of my thoughts down. I then felt like I was being a burden, packed up and went back to my room. I spent some time on my phone chatting with my peeps back home, then finally completed my report about 12:00.

1 comment:

  1. You are pretty much AMAZING! You are the type of person that inspires others and give people hope for the future!!!

    ReplyDelete