Thursday, April 14, 2011

Back To School? I Think I am Crazy!

Last week during a meeting, I had the fear rise in my tummy that I might be changing schools. This is due to certification and I was afraid it was going to happen again. See, I have already been moved before because my degree is in Special Education with an endorsement being severe. Well, the majority of what I do these days requires an endoresement in mild/moderate. So, I asked my boss if I needed to go back to school for an my mild/mod and she replied with no, I would focus on math and reading endorsements instead. Okay, I thought. Maybe I will soon.

Tuesday I received an e-mail from somebody at the District Office stating there is a math endorsement class starting Thursday, April 14. I thought for a minute, Sure maybe I will look into that...Wait! That is in TWO SLEEPS! Hmmm...

To go or not to go...that is the question, that lasted a whole two minutes.

I am going. I can't believe it and I am having huge anxiety about it, but I am doing it.

Why? Because if everything I have heard is correct the school district is going to pay for it. This is a 15 month program, that would cost me a few thousand dollars, and right now there is a grant that will cover it. So...I am going back to school. Starting tonight.

I am terrified of the balancing act. Between being mom, wife, teacher, student, and tutor, I am not sure how I am going to manage it all. But, I will! I am going to setup a schedule and hopefully see if that works. I am also going to start praying...A LOT!!!

So...tonight...from 4-8 I will be in class learning about irrational numbers. Jealous?

2 comments:

  1. You can do it. Keeping a dozen balls in the air at one time, is what women are good at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am kind of jealous actually. I wish I were as motivated!!

    ReplyDelete