Saturday, April 16, 2011

It Was Just One Of Those Weeks

Monday night I was at Nathan's helping him with homework. We were in the middle of a test when my daddy called. I had Nathan answer and talk with my dad for a minute. It was then my turn. My dad and I were just chatting and then a few minutes later he told me some very sad news. My Uncle Bob had passed away that morning. At first I was at peace with this, but as details unveiled I realized I was upset. I asked if my dad was okay and then hung up.

On my way home that night I called my Aunt Tammy to see how she was holding up. She was in Moab already and started putting things together. I could tell it had been a long day for her and decided we would catch up later.

Tuesday morning, I awakened in a major funk. I was so sad about my Uncle and worried about how my family would be handling his death. I called my Aunt again that morning and had another chat. We cried together and talked about different stories. I then explained my internal conflict of attending the funeral. There was not a way for Dustin to get the weekend off and I felt like it might be to much to have Carter go to Moab and then attempt a service. She agreed and between her and my dad asking me to stay home, I decided I would. I spoke with my sisters Tuesday afternoon, and it turns out all three of us had a rough day.

Wednesday was another long day. I was at work until 5:00 then ran home to get dinner fixings and went straight to Nathan's to do more homework. Thursday night I began school myself, and I won't lie. The entire time I was sitting there I kept thinking, what the hell am I doing? I am not ready for this at all!!! But, I didn't get up and leave, so it looks like I am going to do it...at least this first class.

Friday Dustin and I had a date with IKEA. I was so excited to go buy the small items we had discussed and have a night out. I had decided I would stop off and get my face waxed on the way home. I went to a new place for my waxing, and I have NEVER been in more pain then I was from this session. The woman who waxed my face waxed clear up by my eye, tried to wax my forehead, etc. When I left I was in tears and in so much pain. I got in my car, looked in the mirror, and saw the woman had ripped part of my skin off from underneath my eyes.

I called my mom to vent and she told me she had just walked into my Uncle Bob's house. My Aunt was there and again we had the opportunity to talk. When I asked to speak to my mom again, I lost it. I just cried. I am upset with myself for not going to the funeral. I am upset that I didn't get to see my family and be there for them. I am upset that this dumb lady ripped apart my face and now I look like I have been beaten. I came home and just bawled. I went upstairs, but cold on my face and tried to hide as much of the mess as I could. Turned out that was a bad idea, and had to wash back off all the make-up.



Once I had pulled it together, Dustin and I went to IKEA and enjoyed the evening. My face is pretty tender today, and I would say even looks worse, but it is what it is. I went back to talk to the people who waxed and all they could say was that it was probably due to my acne, which I honestly don't have much of, my menstrual cycle, etc. When I asked if the wax may have been to hot, asked why they would ever wax by someones eyes, etc. they blew me off and told me to come back and try again. I told the lady that would not be happening and walked out.



I just got done talking with my mom and she said the service was beautiful. She said the family did a great job for my Uncle and they were all headed to the park for a picnic to celebrate Uncle Bob's life, and I am so glad they are!



Tonight I am looking to do something fun and bring my spirits back up. Happy Saturday all!

4 comments:

  1. I was so sad to hear about uncle bob. He was such a good man and I loved spending time with him. I am so sorry you have had such a bad week. Please know that I am thinking about you and the family at this time. Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. Hang in there sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss, if you need anything I'm around the corner.. literally :) 801-966-5371

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Linds, I am so sorry! Totally rough week for sure! I am so sorry about your loss and I hope you and your family can find some peace. About the waxing, please tell me where you went so I will NEVER go there! That is so scary. I always worry when I try a new place that they are going to burn me. Thats totally what it looks like by the way, a burn! I am so sorry that happened to you! I hope this week turns out to be a much better one for you! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about your uncle. How sad and terrible. Also, they have no business putting that hot of wax that high up on your face. The skin there is too tender. I would be livid if I were you. You should tell them your going to rat out the business and the person who did it all over facebook and your blog unless they do something ($$$) to make it right. I've been in the business for 10 years and have never encountered that before. Also, I would personally never put hot wax on acne. They were being stupid.

    ReplyDelete