Thursday, April 28, 2011

Dad Turns The Big 60!

Last Saturday we celebrated my dad's 60th birthday.



Due to his stay earlier in the week, we had debated how much to do. However, with his recovery going MUCH better than the last, we decided to continue with the original plan.



We met at Stacy's for breakfast and presents Saturday morning. Then we all headed over to the bowling alley for a quick game with the grandkids. They LOVE to bowl, and are so cute giving one another a "high five" after each ball was thrown.

Carter and I then left because we had some last minute preparations to finish. Kel, Stac, and I through dad a birthday barbecue. It was originally supposed to be a surprise, but again, due to the fact of earlier events dad knew who would be there, except for the Cannon's, they were a surprise. We decided to do a "Tiki" theme and tried to make it as cheerful as possible.





We enjoyed chicken, beans, spinach salad, and hummingbird cake, which was delicious! The company was great, and I know my dad really enjoyed the time with his family and dearest friends. It was a great way to celebrate my dad. After the past couple weeks, Lord knows it was time to come together and celebrate the big things.





I love you Daddy and am so glad you are here and doing well. Happy 60th birthday and I promise, I'll see you at your 80th!

No comments:

Post a Comment