Sunday, April 24, 2011

I'm Done Complaining About The Little Things

On Tuesday I received a phone call from a very close person, for security reasons the name cannot be said publicly, telling me my dad was in the hospital. They told me he was in the Emergency Room and had been for several hours and they would be keeping him overnight.

I was not supposed to know and my dad did not want us there, but for those of you who know me well, there is no way in hell you could keep me away from my daddy. So, I immediately hopped in my truck and headed towards the hospital. On my way there I called Stac to let her know, but she was in class.

When I got there my dad was NOT a happy camper. He did not want me to know he was not feeling well because he doesn't want me stressing. Once I finally got him calmed down, we sat and just chatted. It was the first time I had seen my dad in several months and it was REALLY good to just have some time with him.

I stayed with him for several hours and promised him I would be back the next day for the procedure. I left the hospital at 12:30 that night and went home.

The next day my dad had another procedure. Fortunately, after a few hours, we learned my dad was okay. He has somethings to work on, but he will be fine.

So, I will stop complaining about the little things and continue to be extremely grateful for what I have now!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad your daddy is okay Linds! I hope he continues doing well and recovers quickly! You are all in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete