Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas 2009

Our Christmas was so much fun! We were able to spend some serious time with our families and loved ones and feel so blessed for all that we were able to do.

We spent Christmas Eve at Dustin's sisters with his family. We just ate appetizer foods and spent a few hours chilling with the family. Carter experienced going ass over tea kettle down the stairs, which scared the hell out of me but he was just fine.

Once we were done there the three of us came home and started getting Peanut ready for Christmas. When I was little we had the tradition of opening one present Christmas Eve and it was ALWAYS new jammies. So, I have decided to continue the tradition with my family and we all sat down by the fire and opened our new pajamas. Dustin and I got Peanut ready for bed, read a Christmas story, and then put him down.

We were able to get Santa setup and I think Dustin had more fun playing with the toys then anybody. We got the rest of the house straightened and Dustin cut some of the fruit for the morning.

Christmas morning Dustin and I made some breakfast items. He made quiches and I made some muffins. We then waited for our parents to show. My mom, Garry, and dad showed up about 9:30 and we were able to start Christmas with Peanut. We removed the sheet that was covering Santa's gifts and he was off. However, the first thing he went to was the drum-set and that consumed all of his attention.

The rest of his gifts took quite awhile to open. In fact we didn't finish until Christmas evening. But he did receive a piano, a new comforter for a big boy bed, gabba gabba dancing monster, drum-set, jammies, clothes, etc. It was so fun.


We then went to my moms where we ate passoli and opened our presents. At moms we got a portable dvd player, UP, a safe, and many more fun gifts.

Christmas night my family headed to Logan. We were able to visit my Aunt and her darling family for a few hours. It was so nice to catch up and see my cousins. We then headed to Dustin's parents and spent the night and rest of the weekend there. It was a perfect Christmas day!

No comments:

Post a Comment