Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tis the Season

I really do love this time of year. I find so much joy in all that Christmas means to me and my family and am so grateful for everything. This year I have truly enjoyed the Christmas shopping, ESPECIALLY BLACK FRIDAY, the wrapping of presents, sending out Christmas cards, etc.

Dustin and I rarely have done Christmas for one another. We usually have gotten something earlier in the year and decide that is our Christmas present to one another. This year we bought a laptop and a camera for our cruise. So, it is nice to not have that stress on top of it.

We also decided to do an angel this year. I am not going to lie, it was a little more stressful then I thought it would be, but I truly feel like we gave back a little this year. We had a 2 year old boy and we were able to get him a coat, pajamas, clothes, socks, underwear, shoes, and a toy. I really have been so glad that our family did this and wish we had more money to do more. When we turned in our angel presents, there were still probably 50 angels who had not been picked. It breaks my heart to think there are munchkins out there who won't get Christmas this year.

I am very excited for Santa to come this year and how much fun I think Carter will have with Santa's toys. I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner. I look forward the season and having some time with family and friends.

Last weekend I went to Dustin and Nathan's family parties. Then this weekend we are headed to my sisters for a family gathering there. We will then have a couple days of work, then I am done for 12 days! HOORAY!

Anyway, Merry Christams and I hope everyone is taking the time to enjoy the holiday season and all that it represents.

1 comment:

  1. We did an angel, too! I seriously was crying when I saw how many angels were still on the tree and thought about all of the other trees that probably looked the same.. I asked the lady working there what happened when there are some left over (secretly telling myself that if she said "nothing," I would take another one and just go broke buying things for them). She said that they get money from big corporations to buy shoes, coats, etc. so at least they will get something... Merry Christmas to you as well!

    ReplyDelete