Tuesday, December 8, 2009

So Far...Not to Bad!

I am currently 8 weeks pregnant, two days away from 9, and so far, I have been very lucky. I am feeling pretty good and able to function for the most part normally!

I am not suffering from tons of morning sickness, which is very nice. I was worried about it, but I have now had a couple rough days and think that everything is just fine. However, the one problem I am having is with my back.

I have had 19 inches of medal rods in my back since I was 15 and for the most part, it truly hasn't given me much grief. I always have spasms during the winter but nothing some muscle relaxers won't take care of...UNTIL YOU ARE PREGNANT!

I hadn't really thought much about having my rods and being pregnant being a problem. However, this last weekend due to the weather, being pregnant, and serious spasms, I am starting to worry a little about how my body will handle the pregnancy.

I believe right now I am dealing with my siatic(?) nerve because I have pain from my back to my toes, but I am not really sure. I have so many questions to talk with my doctor about, that I feel like 2 more weeks is forever away! I just want to know what my options are and if having this baby vaginal is even an option or should we just opt straight for a c-section?

So many questions and only time will tell. I am looking forward to the doctors. My first appointment is on the 23rd of this month, and I am praying I get to have an ultrasound and hear my fetus's heartbeat. I am still in such shock that we are pregnant and am ever so grateful everyday that I am experiencing this part of motherhood.

Anyway, hopefully Week 9 is just as good!

2 comments:

  1. You can do this, you were made to carry babies. YOU are a strong woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn you! LOL! Just Kidding! I am so happy you haven't been sick! You deserve a healthy pregnancy after having to wait so long. I really hope you don't have complications with your back. I thought about that a couple weeks ago. We need to get together soon! Love ya Linds!

    ReplyDelete